Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The thread title says it all. I thought poor woman she must be really relieved. lol
Ya but the ride was short and now he wont start up again. (typical of the male breed ;) )

Today I pulled the gas tank and found lots of rust :doh: I put a couple hand fulls of gravel,soap and water in tank. Then wrapped it in a blanket and duck taped it to the front of the cement mixer. Looks great in there, now to just figure out how to get the damn rocks out!

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Shake it, shake it......and shake it. I was so pissed that i didn't use nuts so i could get them out with a magnet.

·
Member? ... check.
535 Posts
^ '86 ? Looks like turn sigs are needed too ...

~~C8>

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Here he is as he sits right now. The seat was hacked and I am looking for a new one. The tank is waiting for that O ring to come in.
Thanks for the pic, not a bad looking bike. I like the handlebar mod, makes the bike look longer.

Hey, I might be able to get you a seat. Let me try and I'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The handle bars are one of things I have to change out. They hit tge tank on both sides and have chiped the paint. I am looking around to find another option

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
As bad as it sounds, my refusal to give up riding probably played a part in my divorce, but all that was discussed beforehand. I guess she didn't understand that I actually meant it. My kids are both grown now, but the divorce happened when they were 5 and 7. Both girls. And on top of that, I taught them both how to ride dirt bikes, even though their mother threw a fit, they loved it, and she was afraid to say no, for fear of damaging her relationship with them. They have always gotten along with me better, though I admit I spoiled them, and am still dealing with that.

I have been riding since age 8, I am now 52, and have never been without a motorcycle. I will ride on 2 wheels for as long as physically possible, then get a sidehack and go on riding. Unlike some people, I never had to make a decision whether to ride or not, it was made for me. It's in my genes.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Sounds like a good trade.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts