Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight for the first time in 10 years my bike got to scream down a street! Damn these bike can be fast! Tomorrow I am taking it out for a long run to see how he does. Can't wait to be able to ride daily.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
very good to hear.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
good to see you back, why the long hiatus?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Tonight for the first time in 10 years my bike got to scream down a street! Damn these bike can be fast! Tomorrow I am taking it out for a long run to see how he does. Can't wait to be able to ride daily.
Welcome back to the two wheel madness! :smiley_th

After that little scream down the street, I can see the big curd eating grin on your face all the way from here! :wow:

Nice to see in the anthropomorphising of the bike that your are preserving the sterotype that "he" is the opposite gender to you, the rider.
(All my cars have been referred to as being of the female gender, even if they never had a name. ie, going for a ride in the old girl. Or the car needs gas; I`ll take her down and fill her up now. lol )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike sat for 10 years after its owner passed away. I just bought it a month ago. Its been 20 year sence I have had a ride. When I got married my husband did not aprove. I devorced him this year and bought me a bike.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
WoooHooo Look Out World !!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The bike sat for 10 years after its owner passed away. I just bought it a month ago. Its been 20 year sence I have had a ride. When I got married my husband did not aprove. I devorced him this year and bought me a bike.
Seriously, what is it with spouses making people give up motorcycles??

If they don't like that, they shouldn't have married that person in the first place.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have broken up years age, but with the kids it was not that easy. My 15 year old son has Aspergers and my girl is 11. Now that they are older its still not easy being a single mom but its do able.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Nice, ride the hell out of it. Ride till he's forgotten then keep riding... :motorcycl

·
1,100 Posts
Ottergirl, did you listen to the recordings / videos we posted for you? Did they help at all?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Seriously, what is it with spouses making people give up motorcycles??

If they don't like that, they shouldn't have married that person in the first place.
It starts with the stories about motorcycle wrecks and finishes up with the realization of having to go to the morgue to identify - not a body - identify body *parts*. They probably got married before most of the stories.:hitanykey

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the sounds helped a lot. Thank you. I had Blackberry issues and cound not post there for abit. My bike has a deeper sound but close to everyone elses.

My ex claimed he "liked" that I rode, but would make my life a living hell when ever I wanted to ride.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It starts with the stories about motorcycle wrecks and finishes up with the realization of having to go to the morgue to identify - not a body - identify body *parts*. They probably got married before most of the stories.:hitanykey
I don't really think that's it. Everyone "knows" motorcycles are soooo dangerous since they're like 5 years old and they first point at one and say "cool!", then the parent goes berserk saying how they're too dangerous and never get near one lol.

Also, I've seen that it happens with cars and other hobbies too! I've seen a whole lot of ads for Mustangs and other cars saying that their wife won't let them keep it lol.

I've also heard people say their spouse won't let them continue some hobby they've had for years before they met.

I think basically, people just feel some kind of need to change the person they're with. No idea why, I think it's so stupid. If you want something else, go find something else!

But anyway!

Great that you're riding again Ottergirl!! And it's super cool that Knifemaker actually made a joke and not only were you not insulted by it, you actually liked it!! lol Awesome!

·
1,100 Posts
Yeah, she's obviously good natured and will fit right in with us. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts