Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks-- I'm Jay Johnson, Located in central Texas; I am back riding; Last owned bike in 1965-1973. Bought myself Xmas. present (Xmas.eve.)Wife and Kids didn't think much of it when I told them Sunday afternoon, Wife talked to me again on Wednesday. Don't really care At my age I do what I want to do and when; Kids and wife have come around now since I took (and passed) the driver/safety course and passed and got my license. I play golf now and was a bass fisherman for about 15 years; not anymore just waterskiing and a little gardning. I bought a 1995 vulcan VN 750; I am trying to fix it up a little:Have put on Saddlebags, Tool/Fork bag, Windshield. I want to get and install a volt meter, dashboard,floorboards and relocate the rear turnsignals. I need some help in finding a voltmeter and a way to mount. Any help would sure be appreciated ..... Hey-- I've rattled enought I'm gone

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Jay,
Where in Central Texas are you? I live out at Belton Lake. I got an 04 Vulcan and have done a lot to it including the manual cam chain tensioners and degoating. May see ya on the road! :smiley_th

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a Kuryakyn LED volt meterthat cost around 29.95 in black and 39.95 in chrome; I got the chrome. I bought a piece of aluminum from Home Depot and I cut it to make a place to hold the volt meter, keep the sun off it, and then drilled a hole and attacked it to a nut that bolts to my front shield so it wouldn't take up any room on my insturment panel. It attaches to the main headlight wire. It works fine: red if something isn't working right, yellow is all is ok and green if it is charging right, etc. It is a real relief to use it. I found it on the net after hunting forever; there is another one that is a small strip that includes, temperature and time but it was too long for my intentions. Hey, I sure do enjoy Ride Texas Magazine, it is a real delight to read; especially their crowning BEST OF issue that just came out. Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts