Discussion Starter #3
Why am I getting a link instead of an inserted photo?? :confused:

·
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK - still doing something wrong! I used the image icon which asks for a URL. I copied the URL from the gallery making sure not to have http twice, clicked OK and still I get a link and not an embedded picture. Here is my try using photobucket -

When I am editing my post it does have the "" around the URL. So now what am I doing wrong?

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/Scooppics/DSC03201.jpg?t=1188755644

Partial Success!! I got it to work with the gallery but not with photobucket.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
copy the img 2nd from top at photobucket to clip board at then paste it here.
and the image should show. My bad it the last link under the pic.

like that see.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trying photobucket again . . .

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks good :beerchug:
So, how's your solo seat mounted?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Scoop,

Great looking bike! How many miles on your 491's, and how do you like them?

jon
If you're wanting to get a set of 491 Elite II's, get them soon. From all I've heard, they're being replaced by the Elite III's which don't have the RWL's.

I'm on my third rear and still on the second front (which should last until this rear one goes) but have never really payed attention to the mileage. I do know they seem to last quite long and handle great.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looks good :beerchug:
So, how's your solo seat mounted?
Scoop,

Great looking bike! How many miles on your 491's, and how do you like them?

jon
First, let me say that it photographs well! It's not in nearly as good of shape as most of the bikes I've seen on this forum. It's had a few mods from the PO and PPO(s) and none are "docmented" so I am not sure exactly what all they did do. For example, and to answer your questions, the solo seat is a cut down stock seat and is NOT mounted! It just sits there and the upper frame rails keep it in place. (But I have not hit a big bump yet!) Also I have no idea how many miles the 491's have on them (one of the PO's installed them) and I have nothing to compare them to. They still have plenty of tread and seem to handle very good. The bike has over 30K miles on it.

They bike is already converted to a rigid with 2-inch drop bars replacing the shocks (soon to be on oglejust's bike!). I am planning to modify the frame to a rigid, replace the rear fender and add a sprung solo seat in the near future. Sort of a metric bobber. I have already shaved the ears and added the small cone filters.

I am thinking about starting a "build thread" where I document the changes here on VN750.com (mainly the frame modification). Hopefully I would get some feedback, critiques, and comments as I progress. Any interest in seeing a build thread?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I am thinking about starting a "build thread" where I document the changes here on VN750.com (mainly the frame modification). Hopefully I would get some feedback, critiques, and comments as I progress. Any interest in seeing a build thread?
Sure, why not. With as many really custom Vulcan's out there (like on CD Thayer's site) there's definitely others doing it, so go for it! It just might interest someone else in the idea.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Speaking of RWL tires, I was looking for a good RWL set to replace my OEM's. What would I expect to spend for a set of these and are these the only ones that come with raised letters? I have always liked that look, but does one spend considerable extra $$ to get the letters, or can I get better tires for the same money if I forget about the 'look'?

Also- do these tires come in the slightly wider size as some folks have used on replacement tires for our bikes?

I appreciate y'alls input.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure, why not. With as many really custom Vulcan's out there (like on CD Thayer's site) there's definitely others doing it, so go for it! It just might interest someone else in the idea.
Hyper, thanks. Yes, CD's site has some real nice custom Vulcans on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts