Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 2,873 miles on Veronica, and I'm going to change the oil now because I have time (rainy day). Is this a normal amount of oil consumption? I never really paid attention on my previous bike. There are no known leaks, or oil spots on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
I would consider that acceptable/normal consumption.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put 2,873 miles on Veronica, and I'm going to change the oil now because I have time (rainy day). Is this a normal amount of oil consumption? I never really paid attention on my previous bike. There are no known leaks, or oil spots on the ground.

View attachment 52224
Consumption is not "really" the problem, I recently tried to push the oil to 3K and ended up with metal bits in the strainer. I also commute 10 miles each way to work so the engine experiences maximum wear.

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
I always changed oil at 3,000 mile intervals, and never noticed a problem. My trips were usually a minimum of 25 miles one way.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I do 3000 mile oil changes, and ten miles should get it good and warm, unless it's winter.

Some consumption is normal, especially if you crank on the throttle or decel hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts