Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started rding my bike to work today. First thing I found out is that I need warmer clothes. Also, the bike will not run smoothly without the choke set at 3/4 full. At 60 mph the bike spits and sputters alittle but if I slow down or accelerate it stops. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Spitting and spudering

Give it a good shot of Sea Foam. Last fall I filled my bike with pure gas no alcohol and a few onces of Sea Foam. It started right up this spring and I don't think it ever ran better. I'm still running last falls gas. Been so cool that I haven't ridden it but a couple times yet this spring. I had never used Sea Foam before but after all the fans on this site I am strarting to become a believer.

Enjoy the Ride

Mcneuby

·
Registered
278 Posts
^^^x2 on the Sea Foam. Drain and flush both carbs. If that doesn't help...or perhaps in addition to, the idle adjust knob may need to be tweaked.

John

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Ken after the bike warms up you should not be using your choke, I think that will eventually foul your plugs. If it doesn't idle after it's warmed up turn the idle knob on the left side under the gas tank till she runs at 1100 RPM.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I'm searching for the thread you need now, someone may beat me to it though!

·
Registered
900 Posts
check that hose going to the right ear.. make sure its not out or bottemed out.. cut it at a 45 degree angle and put it back in the right ear... what happens is it there is to much air flow over it it is like blowing over a straw in your coke.. it sucks fuel out... and if it bottems out well its about the same issue.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
see! clock was 1 minute quicker!

·
Registered
900 Posts
damn.. the wife tells me the same thing.... I am not sure who she is refering to when she says that.. but I guess I have the record!...glass half full kind of guy that I am!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts