Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got a 1994 vulcan 750 this weekend, traded my old muddin truck for it, the bike is kinda weathered, but not horrible. And for my first street bike i figure it'll save me some worries.
I'm looking to replace the bars with a more flat design, and put a new set of pipes and a new seat on it, i'll get a picture of the bike up soon, any recommendations?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

If the bike is 'kinda weathered,' I'd make sure to get the mechanical gremlins sorted out before getting to far into mods. Lots of help here for all of that.

When it comes to mods: if you can dream it, someone here has done something close to it (and has likely shared the good, the bad, and the ugly about the process).

You can find all sorts of bars and exhaust systems on the 'net, or make your own (sometimes involving a torch, tree branch and 300lb older brother...). If you're not sure something will work, post a thread and someone here will chime in with advice.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness ironcowboy.
Check out the ten things link below and get the mechanical stuff taken care of first, and the engine running well before starting adding mods and bling.

Surf through the index on the Vulcan Verses and the specific tech forums for topics that interest you. You will find a lot of answers to questions that you haven`t asked yet. :)

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Hey IC, welcome. The ten things a new vn owner should do pretty much covers it. Glad you found the site and get them pictures up. Enjoy it. They're a real fun ride these bikes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'll check it out.
Did some work to her this weekend, got her runnin pretty good.
Anyone have any experience in lowering these bikes? It seems to sit so high compared to other cruisers, it doesn't handle that well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts