Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fire Axe Man
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i looked for this and came up dry so i'm sorry ahead of time if i missed it... I know theres a difference between the brake and clutch levers from my 86 to the newer then 89 model 750's... does anyone know for sure what the difference is? i found some levers i want off a new bike and wanna know if i can fab them in without destroying them... or if anyone has a set that match for the older bike thats second resort... mine are clutch painted brake chrome, and brake bent and bent back a few too many time... (lots of stress cracks...):(

·
Registered
555 Posts
a lot of them on ebay. some in pretty nice shape too.

·
Fire Axe Man
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just looked on ebay, and stock will work but i'd like to keep my theme going of almost nothing original... I like to stand out in a crowd of peers... i'm hands on and love to help others not greedy for attention, just like the looks while traveling... when you see a wild bike or wicked hot rod going down the highway along side your minivan it reminds us of better times... at least it does for me... lol

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Flanders made a wide blade lever for the bike, but I am pretty sure they no longer make them for the 750...for any year. (they might still carry the clutch levers)

I found some for my bike, but mine was a 2002 model. Ebay is your best bet unless someone knows better...

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I believe all vn750 clutch levers are the same shape.

The brake levers on the rectangular master cylinders from 1985 to 1990 models have a dog leg bend downward of perhaps 10-15*.

Brake levers on `91 and newer models with the round mc are straight, or more correctly flat, rather than bent.

I think Kuryakyn makes wide bladed chrome levers for the vn.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts