Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally get a whiff of fireworks smell, which I assume is not a good thing. Usually happens when the bike is still cold and heading up a big hill close to my house. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I occasionally get a whiff of fireworks smell, which I assume is not a good thing. Usually happens when the bike is still cold and heading up a big hill close to my house. Any thoughts?

Could be your clutch getting to hot.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Brake sticking?

Neighborhood animals whizzing on the pipes? Damn cats.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Sure sounds like electronics getting hot to me...is the Regulator properly mounted to dissipate heat? Junction box could be failing and traces burning...seems common enough.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure sounds like electronics getting hot to me...is the Regulator properly mounted to dissipate heat? Junction box could be failing and traces burning...seems common enough.
I guess it's time that I start checking into the electronics system. I've been avoiding it as long as possible ;) Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts

Could be fireworks.......if you only smell it at one location...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts