Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled off my bike a nice F&S engine guard and decided to put it here first. Is probably as nice as there is out here. Not perfect but nice, has been modded slightly where you don't have to remove the right exaust to mount. asking $125 plus ship ($15). Is a slow time now being winter and a lot of "sleepers" out here so will prob bring more in spring. We all know what they look like, ck my albums, or on request will get my camera out!
:beerchug:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Just pulled off my bike a nice F&S engine guard and decided to put it here first. Is probably as nice as there is out here. Not perfect but nice, has been modded slightly where you don't have to remove the right exaust to mount. asking $125 plus ship ($15). Is a slow time now being winter and a lot of "sleepers" out here so will prob bring more in spring. We all know what they look like, ck my albums, or on request will get my camera out!
:beerchug:
PM Sent

:smiley_th

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fire& Steel guard sold to happy member here. Thanks all lookers.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Wow, someone got ripped off. Those F&S engine guards run $99.95 brand new! (Look on Page 8). When I sold mine, I asked around $50 and they were in like new condition. I'd be asking for a refund.

BTW, modification does not equal higher asking price.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Blaz-

Unfortunately on my iPhone I cannot open your link But what I can say is that I have personally sold engine guards for that price and purchased engine guards for that price. Matter of fact that has been the going rate on engine guards since I became a member. So if you know a place to get them cheaper please tell us all! But Romeo is an honest guy and he is not cheating anyone.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Fire and Steel Engine guards

Blaz-

Unfortunately on my iPhone I cannot open your link But what I can say is that I have personally sold engine guards for that price and purchased engine guards for that price. Matter of fact that has been the going rate on engine guards since I became a member. So if you know a place to get them cheaper please tell us all! But Romeo is an honest guy and he is not cheating anyone.
I have bought engine guards for less and resold them on E-Bay and doubled my money. I have made a little change buying and reselling engine guards and luggage racks on E-bay.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blaz, order one from them!! Myself and at least one other member cked on that! Same thing with the Wingerlines, sites are out there that still show them but are un-available! The one on flea-bay that sold yesterday was a really rare find, went for $156.57, (by the way it was not mine). I mentioned my mod only as an easier way to install without having to remove or at least get the exaust out of the way, possibly ruining the gaskets. And yes you are right,it does not call for a higher asking price.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Basically, you all are ok on making a profit on someone's ignorance? How does that make you feel inside? If the 750 was a limited production bike or something truly special, sure I could see certain parts asking more than retail. But this bike was in production for about 20 years, there is no reason to be over charging for these items, especially since none of it is new. Heck, I bought a brand new 2004 gas tank for my 750 for $275 + free shipping from a dealer when it runs for over $500 new.

It doesn't matter, suppose. These bikes are quickly turning into parts bikes and less and less are in good condition anymore.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Blaz, order one from them!! Myself and at least one other member cked on that! Same thing with the Wingerlines, sites are out there that still show them but are un-available! The one on flea-bay that sold yesterday was a really rare find, went for $156.57, (by the way it was not mine). I mentioned my mod only as an easier way to install without having to remove or at least get the exaust out of the way, possibly ruining the gaskets. And yes you are right,it does not call for a higher asking price.
Order one from who? That site I posted? That is just a list of F&S parts that were available for the 750.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@ Blaz: When I first bought my Vulcan and started the customization process, I also was excited to find on-line links listing new engine guards and luggage racks for 79.95, 99.95, etc. I quickly learned those sites are still displaying that because the webmasters never corrected or updated their outdated info and/or those links are still associated from searches out on web servers. They're "ghost" listings.

The law of "supply and demand" dictates pricing. His asking price is MORE than fair and if I didn't already have one I would have been all over it!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
@ Blaz: When I first bought my Vulcan and started the customization process, I also was excited to find on-line links listing new engine guards and luggage racks for 79.95, 99.95, etc. I quickly learned those sites are still displaying that because the webmasters never corrected or updated their outdated info and/or those links are still associated from searches out on web servers. They're "ghost" listings.

The law of "supply and demand" dictates pricing. His asking price is MORE than fair and if I didn't already have one I would have been all over it!
x2 !

:smiley_th

·
Registered
509 Posts
Engine Guards and Luggage Racks

I don't feel bad about buying and reselling parts. As William says it is a question of supply and demand. Also it is not like we are selling medicine of something necessary for life. It is also discretionary money, spent as they choose at an auction, where each person decides where to stop.

Mcneuby

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts

The rules regarding supply and demand cannot apply to a part that is not in production anymore. One part here and there is not a supply, just leftovers of a non-renewable stock. I could see the 125 for a NEW piece, not for one that is used and modified (possibly causing structural weakness and preventing the parts actual purpose).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@ Blaz: Yer not familiar with capitalism, are ya? ;)

Supply and demand certainly do play a part in pricing. Especially in this case. There is an extremely limited supply and if those that are searching everywhere for these parts (that are no longer in production) cannot find them anywhere, a demand level is attained. What the customers are willing to pay for that part is based on perception of value. Hard to find means they are willing to pay a little more (within reason) to obtain one when presented the chance. In the case of an altered guard to clear right exhaust, I agree that close examination is warranted to ensure the structural integrity prior to application. If still strong and protection is unhindered, who wouldn't mind NOT having to drop the right exhaust to install?

Just because the bikes and available parts are older, does not mean they are less valuable. Clarification: Yes, I understand they are less valuable than when they were on the showroom, but the scarcity dictates the price.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have sold two engine guards on eBay with no Buy it now price. Both of them sold for around $130 Due to bidding wars. To me There is no better way to understand the going rate of a motorcycle part. I had absolutely no say in the selling price of that item. How could you possibly infer I was taking advantage of someone for selling the item at that price?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
x2 x2

That's EXACTLY my thought. Whatever the market will bear.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
@ Blaz: Yer not familiar with capitalism, are ya? ;)

Supply and demand certainly do play a part in pricing. Especially in this case. There is an extremely limited supply and if those that are searching everywhere for these parts (that are no longer in production) cannot find them anywhere, a demand level is attained. What the customers are willing to pay for that part is based on perception of value. Hard to find means they are willing to pay a little more (within reason) to obtain one when presented the chance. In the case of an altered guard to clear right exhaust, I agree that close examination is warranted to ensure the structural integrity prior to application. If still strong and protection is unhindered, who wouldn't mind NOT having to drop the right exhaust to install?

Just because the bikes and available parts are older, does not mean they are less valuable. Clarification: Yes, I understand they are less valuable than when they were on the showroom, but the scarcity dictates the price.

Just sayin...
Actually, I don't care to know. It's a stupid system ran by wigs. My vision of a better economy and government was created by gene Roddenberry. Watch the next gen series to learn about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts