Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

A while ago, at my introduction as a new member, I explained the problems that my new machine has. Here's the original post New Member.

Finally I got it, the problem... petcock.

First I changed the petcock with a new one from amazon, a generic yamaha petcock tw200 style for $80.00 MXN or 3.5/4 USD.
Then I did the next test.

I put the fuel tank in a chair and the carb almost in the floor, then I connected the petcock to the carbs with a plastic "T". I left it all night long and the next day... no leaks! hurra!
Finally I synchronized the carbs with my homade tool. A peace of cake.

Now, I have another issue, an strange sound, maybe motor valves? IDK.
Here's the video with the sound, it's like "cla cla cla" IDK how to write this on english.. lol.

I appreciate your help guys!

馃檹

Registered
Doesn't sound too bad, this is a noisy engine. You'll have quite a bit of noise coming from the open carbs. Might need some work on the cam chain tensioners at some point but doesn't seem too bad right now.

Really good price on the petcock! Best I've seen.

Registered
About what RPM were you running in that video? That noise was interesting. It came and went at a regular pace, rather than being steady. When it was making noise, it had a fairly rapid sound to it. Valve noise is at a rate of 1/2 the engine RPM. Rod noise is at the same (or possibly double?) engine RPM. But neither I would expect to come and go like that.

Can you tell approximately where it's coming from?

I suspect came chain tensioner noise. There's a thread for the Grumbo trick to check those.
See if that helps anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Really good price on the petcock! Best I've seen.
That's right... and free next day shipping!

About what RPM were you running in that video?
1500 RPM

First, I try to do Grumbo trick but I can't do that because I can't saw the slotted bolt inside, so I disassembled the piece and saw some like silicon paste or something like that... finally, I got it but the noise continues.

Second, I changed the coolant because the engine seems to get very hot.
This is the color of the old coolant. Oxide in there.
I changed the coolant a few weeks ago and I didn't run the bike.

Third, I changed the oil and filter, the same scenario, a few weeks ago I changed the old oil...

The last oil is dark but not like the old one.

I'm worry because I don't ride the bike since I purchased it 2 months ago or some like that and I can't imagine how is possible that the VN waste it coolant and oil like that.

This is a new video with the noise, it comes from the front cylinder and the right side.

I think that the 铆ssue comes from the carb, maybe... so, I turn in the two pilot screw fully and then
back it out 2 and a half turns but now I noticed that when I accelerate now it takes more time to deaccelerate (to calm down and get 1500 RPM). So, I turn back both pilot screw, just a half turn, it's stable now.

What can I do?, I worried about that noise.

Thanks to read me and share your knowledge with me. See you!

Registered
Sounds like rocker arms, and maybe a water pump bearing at one point.
Check to see if all the spark plugs are tight, might be what I thought was the water pump.

Registered
Also looks like someone tried to apply the Grambo trick and then glue it into place with sealer.

Registered
I would say a rocker or lifter noise. It sounds a bit like my noise issue, though mine was continuous until the engine warmed up.

I didn't hear the water pump noise that Spockster did (doesn't mean that noise wasn't also there), but the coolant color suggests a mixing of oil with the coolant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts