Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Nice! Changes the whole day doesn't it!? I couldn't ride in today since it was raining this morning but the rest of the week looks good...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an awesome day to ride to work. Half way through my shift, I got pulled to one of the other hospitals, so I got paid to ride for a half hour. Coming home, I got to take a new route I have not tried on the bike before. It was a two lane 55mph road over the mountain and through the woods type ride. Heck of a way to end a bad good day at work. I got to hit 4th gear lol. I found 4500rpm in 4th had me running 52 on the speedo on flat ground. It felt good to get out and stretch the bike out a little.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Nice. I just got back..its about 90 degrees here...bike ran like a top..those k and n air filters look sharp! Old dudes were checking out the earshave...or maybe im just preoccupied with it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Nice. I just got back..its about 90 degrees here...bike ran like a top..those k and n air filters look sharp! Old dudes were checking out the earshave...or maybe im just preoccupied with it.
Today has been great here .I blew off every thing I should have been doing and rode all day some fast ,some slow,I was gone long enough to eat two meals ,meet a bunch of riders I had never met before at Jolly Pirate donuts in Ashland that were riding every kind of bike imaginable but hey ,they were having donuts and coffee and talking bikes. Then I went to my daughters house and we went out for dinner and I rolled in here about 11:40 and had went thru two tanks of gas.I also went to the park and watched the old men Ogling the pretty young women walking and it dawned it me I would probably be considered one of them by the pretty young ladies and since I am not ready to be grouped with the old lechers feeding the squirrels it was time to move on.All and all as Craig Ferguson says"It's a Great Day for America",Time to lay down awhile.Us old guys need to rest after such a strenuous day.Spring Fever is in full swing.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
That second tank must of been something else! Nothing like the drone of the vtwin on the open road!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like today is going to be another very nice day. I might drop the kids off to school early, and find an even longer route to work.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Sounds like fun Denny, hell I had fun reading about it! Awesome day, that's definitely why we ride.

The weather said 'patchy fog' for this morning but no rain so busted out the bike. About 35 mph and 3 blocks later my visor's soaked. I couldn't see or feel the mist but 35 mph will show it to you. Flipped a bitch (busted a u-turn) and put her back in the garage - caged it today dammit. Slight chance of rain the rest of the week. I guess we'll see...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Denny, I hope you had another good day.

I had fun today. I had a guy on a HD Fatboy that was a little worn, with some nice sounding Cobra's on it try to hang with me going over a big bridge today. From 0-50 it took him a little longer to get up to speed lol. I was 200 feet over a river and starting a downhill to a sharp left turn. I had to back off at that point.

I did get one good scare though. I was going down two lane that is a 20% grade or so, at 60. About half way down, it takes a left turn, when I got closer to the curve, someone had cut grass and had it piled along side the rode. With the bank in the road, I could not tell if any of it was in my lane. I had to slow down a bit, and two cages passed me but did not get fully in their lane. Until I saw my lane was clear of the grass, I had quite a knot in my stomach.

I stopped at Go Mart to get the kids a snack, and there was a couple of younger guys on some Kawi race bikes. One got to laughing saying he had not seen a 750 Vulcan in a long time. I did get an invite to bike night at the Lube on Thursday though.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
you damn cagers. I do a 132 miles a day rain or shine, yeah its not as fun in the rain but it sure is cheaper. I have to dress for work too, dress pants, shirt and tie. come on guys, tough it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, I wear scrubs to work. Talk about swinging in the wind. It is nice only to spend $5.00 a week to ride to work instead of $50.00.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
you damn cagers. I do a 132 miles a day rain or shine, yeah its not as fun in the rain but it sure is cheaper. I have to dress for work too, dress pants, shirt and tie. come on guys, tough it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
This ain't my first load of pumpkins wib,I just don't wear a tie and dress clothes,I do manual labor and do it out side in all kinds of weather not the climate controlled environment indoors.I am not a wimp by any means,but I am smart enough not to leave home in the rain,But I do have to come home in it once in a while.Totally unnecessary when I have another vehicle that is dry inside and paid for, sitting in the drive that gets 30 MPG.Wet weather is dangerous on a bike more so than cold weather riding.I can ,I just choose not to ride in the rain unless I am already out.I understand your situation and don't blame you for doing what you do for commuting,but I don't have to and ain't going to till I do. Quit the day to day grind and work for yourself ,by yourself and lets see how fast you get tough,have yourself a nice one;)

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Rode in today! The weather last night said patchy fog. Last time it said that it rained its arse off. This morning's forecast changed to sunny and hot! Its going up to 94 today. Whoooo, its gonna be a wicked ride home man!!!

I was on the highway getting to the back roads and a crotch rocket pulls up next to me in my lane. I give it a wave and get one back. I noticed the hand was tiny so I look over, it was a chick! We rode side by side for a few miles then my exit came up and I bailed. It was pretty cool. :motorcycl

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to be 89 here today. I really need to get rid of the leather jacket, and pick something up with some vents in it. Looks like its time to pick up some Axe body spray while I am at the store this week. I don't want to hear about whiny patients complaining over a little sweat smell.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ I don't know if this will be helpful to you but I put a roll bag on the luggage rack on the bike. When I ride in to work I have a bottle of water and my deodorant stick in there. During the day I take off the layers of gear in the mens room and slap on a little deodorant. The layers I'm shedding go in the roll bag, including the lining of the leather jacket and sometimes, if its hot enough like today, the leather itself. The roll bag's expandable so while it looks small, it still fits all this stuff. It could be 40 degrees in the morning and 90 in the afternoon and I'm still pretty comfortable. Might be worth a shot...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's not a bad idea. I have a locker that I can keep some stuff in. I do hate wearing the jacket for my walk from the parking garage to the part of the building I am in. I could store it for the day in there. Its a key card garage, so chances are low that someone would mess with it.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Cool! The roll bag I got also has 2 zippers on it and it came with a lock and key. Here's a link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Saddlemen-R1300LXE-Delux-Roll-Bag/dp/B001ARTOI6

Don't pay that, shop around a little. I only paid 53 for mine. Its got all sorts of straps and clasps and what not. You can hook it up anywhere, its super handy. With it expanded it fits my leather jacket, water bottle, sweatshirt, and long johns. You can also fit small in there like your wallet, keys, what-have-you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts