Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some pics of my new, old ride. It is a 2003 Vulcan 750. I got it used with 4300 miles on it. I have put almost 600 miles in the first month and wish I could do more.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Bling, bling! That is one very clean motorcycle!!! I'm jealous...but, seriously, it looks great. Good get, too - so few miles!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I rember when mine was that shiny :).
After 2000 miles this week it needs a good wash

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Great pictures! Showroom new. My 95 was that shiny for about a week. I took her to the car wash where I did a little powerwash thingy on er. I nearly cried as the protective coverings came off of various parts. I blew the kawasaki logo right off the side cover...lmao

On a serious note...I've treated her with nothing but respect since.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
gentle shower

My 95 was that shiny for about a week. I took her to the car wash where I did a little powerwash thingy on er. I nearly cried as the protective coverings came off of various parts. I blew the kawasaki logo right off the side cover...
My wife got a "wand" attachment for the hose to water her flowers. I've found it to be the perfect tool to use when washing my bike. The spray is full and strong, like a shower fixture, but doesn't do the damage of an intense power spray. The on/off switch is also handy when I'm soaping up the bike and wiping off the grime.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks really nice! :beerchug:

Mine's looking pretty nasty since my rain ride this past Saturday.
And to top that off, not quite the last mile or so was on a rain soaked,
recently tore up for re-paving, road.
Looks like I was ridin' through a soggy dust pit all day :doh:

Charlie, is that mention of the "wand" attachment an invitation for us to bring our bikes to you for a good washin'??
LOL

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Great pictures! Showroom new. My 95 was that shiny for about a week. I took her to the car wash where I did a little powerwash thingy on er. I nearly cried as the protective coverings came off of various parts. I blew the kawasaki logo right off the side cover...lmao

On a serious note...I've treated her with nothing but respect since.
Mike, you've got this thing with "more power," doncha?! :) I'm still laughing about you cleaning up your tins and goat's belly and finding the flavor not to your liking.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Mike, you've got this thing with "more power," doncha?! :) I'm still laughing about you cleaning up your tins and goat's belly and finding the flavor not to your liking.
Funny you said that. I'm eating my second power bar as I type...:) I'm on my way to Home Depot to pick up a sandblasting gun. I'm making a cabinet out of a carbord box, piece of plexy, pair of overalls and etc. What a way to spend a vacation! Oh, sandblasting is pretty powerful stuff. :smiley_th

·
Registered
722 Posts
Very nice ride!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which windshield size/type is that on your bike?
I bought the bike used but it did come with the service records. I have the instructions fr a Memphis Fats mounting kit. The windshield has Fats 9 etched into it. It is roughly 23" wide by 26" high. It needs to be a little shorter or taller for me as it is in my sight line. I am 6'2" so your needs may vary. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful bike. Where did you get those saddlebags? I want some for my '96 and have never found any I really liked.
TIA,
Reb00t

1 - 16 of 16 Posts