Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning I finally got my 02 Vulcan 750. My first ride was to the nearest KAW shop to have new tires put on and rear end lubed, then it was off to the country roads near Magnolia. I put over 700 miles on it by the time I rode back to the Hill country on Tuesday. What a fun bike! I can't wait til morning so I can ride to work! ha!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Congrats to you, You will have a great time they are funn bikes.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
You'll have a great time on it & won't regret buying it. Mine has given me nearly 13 years of great riding fun. Considering the miles i've done the bike has given me very little grief, the only major hassle being the final drive splines (I learned the hard way & it cost me serious £'s!).
Hope you enjoy it as much as i've enjoyed mine.
Ride safe.:beerchug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats but be forewarned

Congrats on the new ride. Be aware that the 2002's had a history of the drive splines not being greased at the factory. I suggest that you immediately check them, then re-lube with 60% moly grease. I have a web site with all the mods on my bike as well as some picks of my splines from damage done due to no lubrication.

Check it out: http://www.finitesite.com/norminized/index.html

Take care.

Norm

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my saddlebags mounted this weekend and verified that the battery is an MF. I printed out the procedure for lubing the splines and will hopefully get to that one evening this week. The instructions seem pretty straight forward, but I wish there were photos to go with the instructions. I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be any procedure with photos. I know to mark the pieces so they go back together with same teeth meshed etc. I might shoot some photos of the procedure to add to the instructions so the next person might benefit from them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
fergy said:
Got my saddlebags mounted this weekend and verified that the battery is an MF. I printed out the procedure for lubing the splines and will hopefully get to that one evening this week. The instructions seem pretty straight forward, but I wish there were photos to go with the instructions. I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be any procedure with photos. I know to mark the pieces so they go back together with same teeth meshed etc. I might shoot some photos of the procedure to add to the instructions so the next person might benefit from them.
Take a look at Ol Poop's website and you'll see a great how to with pics.

http://www.cdthayer.com/cruisermaint_2.htm

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had to order the 60 moly lube and ordered a can of white lithium spray, both Honda Pro brand. My local KAW shop didn't have 60 moly. That concerns me! Anyway, I'll have to wait til it comes in to do the spline lube job.

Got my KAW luggage rack mounted, and my trunk mounted and wired. Feels good to have all that done. I also verified that my battery is a Yuasa? MF battery. I forgot how to spell... I'm planning on moving my regulator when I do the spline job. Hopefully that will do it and I can just ride...:smiley_th

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I did the splines on our 750's I used Mobil1 Red Synthetic grease that I bought at Schucks Auto. Another rider told me he has been using it for years and has 100,000 miles on his Honda and no problems with this product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts