Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I am looking at your Jardine Forward Controlls...How do you like heal shifting and heal braking? Seams a little uncomfortable to me...just my 2 cents worth...other than that...Nice bike....List of mods would be nice

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at your Jardine Forward Controlls...How do you like heal shifting and heal braking? Seams a little uncomfortable to me...just my 2 cents worth...other than that...Nice bike....List of mods would be nice
Ive been asked that by everyone thats seen it...

its real simple and intuitive...there are just "spots" that my heels rest on when its time to shift and brake...upshifts are just reaching your foot under and lifting up from the hip...it actually works well.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Ive been asked that by everyone thats seen it...

its real simple and intuitive...there are just "spots" that my heels rest on when its time to shift and brake...upshifts are just reaching your foot under and lifting up from the hip...it actually works well.
cool...just looked uncumfy to me...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you are not using the drum brake.
That is good work congrets.

Yeah, I kept looking and found the 83 spectre wheel was disc...but it still wasnt a direct fit.

The rotor needed flipped over (one side is dished) and the spacer which is part of the brake caliper bracket needed pressed out and flipped over. Cool thing is I think I gained a 1bout 1/4" clearance for a larger tire on the shaft side

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Might want to change your sig line to read ZN700 instead of VN700. I though Spectre might be a closer fit.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Would this conversion to a rear wheel disc brake work on a VN750 the same as on your ZN?

Do we need more braking capability at the rear than the drum bake gives, considering that 70% of the braking is concentrated at the front tire?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Forum etiquette monitor says doing so is in poor taste. You may have missed it while you were gone.[/QUOTE]

serious?

Heres a link to another forum where mods are listed...

if not cool just delete please

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/want-show-off-your-ride/101832-new-pics-my-bike-1984-zn700-ltd-custom.html
Don`t pay any attention to flightcontrol, he seems to be just a little out of control today. If he doesn`t make nice, we might have to muzzle him!! LOL The rest of us want to see a list of all the mods.:smiley_th

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Might want to change your sig line to read ZN700 instead of VN700. I though Spectre might be a closer fit.
Or ZNVN700 A LTD, since it has VN parts. LOL :rockon:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Front wheel, forks, trees, Headlight, brakes, bars and rear shocks are 86 LTD 454.
Rear shocks are cut down 2 1/2"
Forks are extended 2" and dopped out of trees about another 3/4" to get a nice rake

Rear wheel is 83 Spectre 750

Dash, guages and front fender are 86 Vulcan 750

Single horn is from a 71 CB750

Some cables are covered in "Braided Hose" its a Mr Gasket dress up kit from auto store.

LED Signals

Stock seat was cut down to lose about 2 1/2" of foam and recovered with original cover.

Forward pegs are Jardine from a sportster with custom made mounts. Still need to make linkages.

Bottom picture is a stock bike so you can see what the changes did...even though its on the center stand...my bike looked like a dirtbike in the rear and a sportbike in the front when sitting on side stand.

Heres a pic of a stocker for comparison:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would this conversion to a rear wheel disc brake work on a VN750 the same as on your ZN?

Do we need more braking capability at the rear than the drum bake gives, considering that 70% of the braking is concentrated at the front tire?
It may...the drive side should couple perfectly...By my research the width is correct for a vulcan. You would have to get a caliper and mount...make a brace mount and get a master cylinder and peddle set up...that would be the worst part. The wheel is a 16 inch versus your 15 in

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
every time I look at your bike Custom Cow....I just drool....I can't help it...you did an excellent job fabbing everything together...One day I too will have a bike tht looks as good as yours....until then I will dream.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Allow me to add my "that bike looks *really* nice" to the pile...

--FA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts