Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
keep it trashy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, she runs great but im having an issue when i first put her in gear. Sometimes if i put it into first gear it just kills the bike.start it back up and again ...dead i was thinking maybe my cluch,but after looking at a few things,i saw there was a sensor by the clutch lever.what the hell?!?! Would this kill it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
There's a little pin (or button) that releases when your kick stand is up and depresses when it is down.... my guess is that your button is stuck. Take a look at it and pull it out with your fingers. I had the same problem; this is a common problem on the older bikes. It's a safety feature so you don't drive with the kickstand down. Cuts the power to the engine.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
There's a little pin (or button) that releases when your kick stand is up and depresses when it is down.... my guess is that your button is stuck. Take a look at it and pull it out with your fingers. I had the same problem; this is a common problem on the older bikes. It's a safety feature so you don't drive with the kickstand down. Cuts the power to the engine.
X2, I would check this first!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Okay, she runs great but im having an issue when i first put her in gear. Sometimes if i put it into first gear it just kills the bike.start it back up and again ...dead i was thinking maybe my cluch,but after looking at a few things,i saw there was a sensor by the clutch lever.what the hell?!?! Would this kill it?
Yes, you have safety switchs on the clutch lever, the sidestand and a transmission neutral switch.
Start the bike and let it warm up.
Raise the side stand, engage the clutch lever and put the tranny in gear.
The engine should remain running.
Now push the sidestand down, and that should cut the engine.

Raise the sidestand OR shift into neutral, and the engine should start again.

The ENGINE WILL NOT RUN with both the sidestand down and the tranny in gear, whether the clutch is pulled in or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts