Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished cleaning, jetting, shimming, and reinstalling the carburetors yesterday and took the bike out for a ride last night and

OH

BOY

the earshave took so well, I feel like I have a new bike.

DIRTY DETAILS:
Uni PK-92 filters
new float and jet cover o-rings ($45 YIKES)
42 pilot / 142 main / 1 needle shim
Later Rejetted: 38/135/1 shim
Generic foam filter material for crankcase and carb vents

while I had the bike in the garage and torn apart I went ahead and fabricobbled a set of highway bars similar to Knifemaker's idea but I made mine much longer 'cause I'm 6'3". 1/4" x 1" steel flat bar with 1/2" threaded rod were the main components, and (as you can see in the pics) I mounted them to the lower airbox mounting hole and on the lower motor mount bolt.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and check out these pics:

http://imgur.com/gallery/mWTPj

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sweet

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Carbs turned out nice, pegs too. Congrats on a successful and smooth shave. Excellent choice of filters. ;)

Interesting way to do the pass. backrest, maybe post a pic or two on that. Flat plate between the seat and grab bar and maybe longer seat bolts?

Those rear signal relocators look custom fabbed in aluminum. Nice.

Just put a brand new tank on mine with those colors, need black fenders now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That backrest is dead simple, it's just a flat wooden board (1/4" x 5" x 18" or so) with a cheap eBay backrest pad bolted on. To attach it to the bike I just bought longer seat bolts and drilled holes in the wood to match the bolt locations. Then the board just slides between the factory backrest support and the seat (with a lot of fiddling to line it up right) and is clamped between the seat and the mount. I was worried at first about the wood being too flexible and being a design hazard, but after 6 months and plenty of stress testing it seems fine and sturdy. Plus, the wood gives it a little flexibility for passenger comfort.

I got lucky with those signal relocators! The bike came with hard locking saddlebags and those already installed by the PO.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts