Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1992 Vulcan 750
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am very happy now with the final product. I took all the advise from the board and just went at it....

I first ordered the kit from scootworks which was a big mistake, I could have gotten all the pipe parts I needed at pep poys for a third of the price. The gasket foil paper is a joke you get for sealing the joints. I went to the local bike shop and got a product called Chamber Seal which worked awesome for sealing the pipes. Put it all back together and she sounded mean but popping so I drilled out the alluminum casing over the two screws and play around with the air mixture screws and total got rid of my popping noise. Now to go one step further I read up on drilling the holes in the end of the muffler for a deep richer rumble and I am like sure why not and man what a difference. All my neighbors are looking and saying "wholly sh*t dude" lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did all of the same things but was still getting drowned out by all of my riding buddies. I don't like being out done and decided to try and remove the baffles. I used an 1-3/4 hole saw and drilled from the exit end til I cut completly around the baffle. To my surprise you can't actually get the baffles out; Oh-well, I knocked the baffles back as far as I could and started it up. Oh the sound that it makes is louder but still a deep rumble. I still get drowned out but not nearly as bad.

The other day I was riding in town and a truck started to do an Okie stop (rolling stop) at the intersect I was approaching, I had no sign and the right of way. He would have been right in front of me, so I grabbed the clutch and romped the throttle, he stopped immediately hearing my pipes and I didn't have to do an emergency stop. Loud pipes do save lives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently put the scootwork mod on my bike but I noticed something that looked weird. Since I never saw my bike put together when I bought it, I don't know the answer to this question. My exhaust pipes are different lengths, one pipe ends closer to the rear of the bike (4-5 inches). Is this normal even in stock mode?
FYI i have a '86 vn750

·
Now what
400 Posts
*I recently put the scootwork mod on my bike but I noticed something that looked weird. Since I never saw my bike put together when I bought it, I don't know the answer to this question. My exhaust pipes are different lengths, one pipe ends closer to the rear of the bike (4-5 inches). Is this normal even in stock mode?
FYI i have a '86 vn750*

Sounds right. The right pipe comes just past the axle nut and the left pipe goes back about, 4-5 inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts