Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2002 vn 750
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new tires on so while I had the rear tire off I lubed the spline with Moly. Putting it back together the specs call to torque the bolts to 17.5 ft/lbs. I do not have a torque wrence that goes that low. How important is this torque spec? Currently I just tightened them by feel, little more that snug. BTW when I took the final drive off the spline was greased well. I was very happy to see this as I just bought the bike this winter. I did not know about the spline troubles until after I bought the bike and found this forum.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I am just commenting because I noticed many of the torques required are below 20 and my torque wrench is 20-100 ft/lbs.

I was able to get one with a range of 5-80 ft/lbs for $35 at my local auto parts store ( they special ordered it for me)

Figured this wasn't a bad idea considering how much work I plan on doing on my bike.

·
Banned
448 Posts
You can find 3/8 drive torque wrenches for a reasonable price at most auto parts stores.
They usually go down to either 5 or 10 foot pounds, and work great in small spots like the final drive bolts and other spots on the bike.
I use an inch pound torque wrench on most of the bolts on mine that require small amounts of torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts