Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
jerry huesing
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, what a great group of people to be involved with. I haven't been a member long, but I feel like a part of a big happy family here. You all are awesome!

Now to my question:
What is the best brand and weight of oil to use in the final drive?

-Jerry

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been using Mobil 1 gear oil 75-90 wt synthetic oil and it's pretty good stuff. The factory specifies that you should use 90 wt oil so I'm pretty sure I'm getting better protection with this type of oil. Much better that the dark crud that came from the factory.

- Martin

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yeah, use the best you can afford, same goes for the engine. There's a saying here in the UK - oil is cheaper than bearings! (Especially Japanese ones!)
Glad you like the forum. Joining up was one of the best things I have ever done - great bunch of people.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
changed the rear end oil last sunday and used mobil1 synthetic 75-90. i don't now what was there before and whow much time passed since last change but i did ~120 miles on new oil and so far the bike is in one piese. can't say i noticed any difference - the old oil was in pretty good shape (didnt smell much).

one piece of advice - after you change the oil be very carefull not to overtighten the 27mm cap. I think i almost break mine... looks like it doesnt take alot of torq to break the threads...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.