Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh: First of all it's a pleasure participate on this site.
I need an information:
Anyone here could please tell me if this part:
- NOS 1985-1992 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan O-Ring 671B25145

Fits in my Vulcan 750VN '95????
Thanks a lot!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Depending on where it's leaking, it may be less expensive to buy a used final drive from ebay.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness RenatoBrazil.
flitecontrol is correct.
According to the Clymer service manual Ma Kaw has some "special tools" required to service the final drive.
The cost of the tools may exceed the cost of taking the part into the dealer`s shop for repair.

Here is what is listed on ebay right now:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=vulcan+750+vn+final+drive&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Note that some of the parts listed are the middle drive or bevel gears on the back of the engine, not the actual final drive on the rear wheel.
The lowest price I see for a final drive unit is $169.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-VULCAN-750-VN750-VN700-REAR-FINAL-DRIVE-UNIT-b-13101-1124-7J-/150710226497?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2317078e41

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for all answers!!!
I have a Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 '95!

Have you a nice New Year full of peace and health for all members!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I hope by now you have the leak repaired. I just put another rear diff on my bike last night. I replaced the original diff last spring due to the ungreased pinion splines syndrome. After 4 months of moderate use the rear tire started spotting with fluid. I replaced the seals and it never made a difference. Tore the diff down last Friday and mic'ed the needle bearing area on the Ring gear spindle. Don't know the mileage of this diff before I got it but I put over 5000 miles on it. The spindle had several thousands of wear where the bearing rides and apparently was allowing the spindle to move at higher speeds enough to let the fluid seep through. Got a diff on flea-bay that is SUPPOSED to have only 4700 miles. Got it sent to me for $206.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts