Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 vulcan 750, that I did not lube the splines... Now in search of a final drive and driveshaft(or just yoke)... I have been trying to research what all rear ends would fit?? Anybody know? they seem the same jsut wanted to make sure

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I will get back to you in a few... but there are other rear ends from various Kawasakis that will fit.

Ok found the info I was looking for.

ZL600B

OMG!! You are not going to believe this!

OK admittedly I'm at work and a bit bored and have some free time on my hands. So I went on the Kawasaki website and looked at their online parts microfiche. Remeber when I said that the Kawasaki 600 Eliminator and the 750 Vulcan shared a lot of parts?

1996 VN750
Swingarm - PN# 33001
Entire rear wheel drive gear assembly - PN# 13101
Coupler (that thing we're all supposed to lube with moly60) - PN# 42034
Drive shaft - PN# 39158

1996 ZL600B
Swingarm - PN# 33001
Entire rear wheel drive gear assembly - PN# 13101
Coupler - PN# 42034A
Drive shaft - PN# 39158

Holy Kaw! So it would appear that if you actually got a hold of the chrome spoked rear wheel of a 1996/97 600 Eliminator you could probably just bolt it directly to the 750 Vulcan!
More info can be found HERE. Read through the whole thread... there are lots of good info in there.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Remember that the first 5 difgits of a part number do not constitute an exact match. Kawi part numbers also have a dash followed by 4 more numbers. If those don't match up then the part probably won't either.

Here's what I found for the coupler:

Coupler (outer) 42034-1031 (ZL600)
Coupler (outer) 42034-1035 (VN750)

IME, the best way to see if a particular part was used on other bikes is to get the full number (for your bike) and use the part lookup feature on Ronayers.com. Within a couple of clicks you will have a full list of what bikes that part is on.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I have one you can have for the cost of getting it to you. Splines are good in it. It's an extra, but with regular checking & the moly 60. My shaft looks great. So if you want it, let me know. I'll pm you my email. Jason.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info... This has helped alot... Kanuck69 I would definitly want that... Thanks a lot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts