Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Into the Darkness
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been posted on here within the last month or so, but I can't seem to find the thread anywhere. Anyhow, what car uses the same air filter the VN750 uses?

·
Banned
448 Posts
None. The air filters on the Vulcans only fit bikes. Not cars or vice versa. I have not seen any posts on here about that.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
For those that have done the ear shave, there are a variety of automotive filters that have been used. Are you thinking oil filter rather than air filters?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
For those that have done the ear shave, there are a variety of automotive filters that have been used. Are you thinking oil filter rather than air filters?

Lifted from another recent thread:
The 750 Vulcan uses the same oil filter as a 2005 4cyl Honda Accord... which uses the same filter as a 1998 Nissan Maxima... and many others.

I used to have a Maxima, now have an Accord, and the filter for all three vehicles is the same. I use the Mobil 1 M-110 filter on the bike. It's a high quality filter, and is also black.
The Supertech oil filter #7317 from Walmart, which sells for ~$3 is a good choice too.

If you look in the Vulcan Verses under "Maintenance" you will find a section on oil changes with this list of filters to fit the vn750:

DO I HAVE OTHER OIL FILTER OPTIONS ?
Yes. It's Sunday and you forgot to get a Kawasaki filter, or just not willing to dish out the extra cash. Here are some options that fit our bike (all years). All have superior filtering. Get the longer ones if possible. It only makes sense they usually have more surface are on the internal pleats to catch more dirt particles. Remember, these come is all sorts of colors. I do not want an orange or white filter on the front of my bike. Just use black spray paint before mounting.

First Choice: Filters about 3.25 inches long: -
Purolator Pure One PL14610, about $6. -
Mobil 1 M1-110, about $10. Made by Champion. -
Bosch 3323, about $6.Made By Champion. -
WalMart SuperTech ST7317, about $2. Made by Champion

Second Choice: Filters about 2.5 inches long: -
Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6. -
Mobil M1-108, about $12. Made by Champion. -
Bosch 3300, about $6. Made by Champion. -
WalMart SuperTech ST6607, about $2. Made by Champion.

·
Into the Darkness
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lifted from another recent thread:

The Supertech oil filter #7317 from Walmart, which sells for ~$3 is a good choice too.

If you look in the Vulcan Verses under "Maintenance" you will find a section on oil changes with this list of filters to fit the vn750:
I'm going to be putting the Kawasaki Oil filter ont he bike, but with these cheaper oil filters since I'm going to change the oil in it after 200 miles I'm going to go with a cheaper oil filter then put the Kawasaki oil filter on the bike.

I thought there was a car air filter that worked with the Vulcan, but I was mistaking on that call. Oh' well I can do the cheaper oil filter to get my bike giong and get it broke back in since it hasn't been on the road in almost 2 years and everything. I'm really good for after a rebuild to run the oil 200-300 miles them put in new oil and everything.

Thank you for all the help everyone.

Check out the link in my signature to follow the rebuild, and hopefully I can get pictures put back on here soon. Digital camera took a crap on me so back to the good old fashioned 35mm camera that I prefer to use. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts