Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woo hoo!! The independent film "Neptune Cowboy" arrived yesterday. Being in snow bound Minnesota that is kinda a big deal. :) Especially since the hero in the film I heard rides a VN750. I hope to get a chance to watch it this week-end. Will post a film review on Monday if I do. Oh, and besides the VN750 it is supposed to be an excellent film. Oh, and just a note, the DVD cover does not show the VN750 but the bikes of a couple of the other characters.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
It's not available on Netflix. :doh:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
LOL, I check there too, before I read your post. Double bummer :doh::doh:
Its available for sale on Amazon. I read a bunch of reviews and its supposed to be a pretty damn good movie. The critics couldn't stop talking up the motorcyle scenes through the desert. I'll probably buy it, if no other reason its a movie with our bike in it!!!

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I watched "Neptune Cowboy" over the week-end. Interesting movie. First some background This is an independent film. I think I read somewhere it is the director's first feature length film and it took five years to complete with mostly, if not all, volunteer work. As a result there is uneven quality in the cinema arts(shot composition, script, lighting, editing... etc) including the acting. Ranges from very nice and excellent to not very polished. Don't expect a full blown professional treatment that you have seen in some independent films that have made it to wide distribution. But it is not far off. For me, and ultimately film enjoyment is mostly a personal thing on whatever level suits you to enjoy it, it is worth watching. It contains messages of more importance and application to every day people than anything your average mass produced juvenile adventure multi-million special effects craptaculars typically carry. Oh, and a better use of time than watching some of the old drive-in bike fare like "Wild Angels" or "Hells Bells".

The major disappointment was that the hero was on foot, and it is the lead villain who rides a VN750. Oh well, can't have everything. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts