Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to install my rebuild carbs in my 1989 Vulcan I had the one boot on the front cylinder. The other boot on the back carburetor with two guys first 10 fingers struggled for over two hours no matter which way from the right side installed could not get it done. We had to remove the boots, then put the carbs in, then reaching get a boot on carefully find the protrusion and line it up to the same on the other carburetor it fought us all the way I don’t know why we were having so much difficulty. We’re not done yet have to put the choke cable in next tighten all the boot clamps double check everything then still have to put the elbows in on the carburetor for rebuilt the air fuel mixture is reset to turns out I won’t be able to get back to you until next weekend. Assuming it’s warm enough in my garage just so mystified as to why I couldn’t get the carbs in with the boots on, I watched a lot of videos and it just doesn’t seem to be one specific way in which to and put them in some video say point them down push them in turn them no matter what couldn’t get it done I’ll report next week of success. We literally manhandled the carburetors didn’t do any damage but we sure as hell scraped up a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Went to install my rebuild carbs in my 1989 Vulcan I had the one boot on the front cylinder. The other boot on the back carburetor with two guys first 10 fingers struggled for over two hours no matter which way from the right side installed could not get it done. We had to remove the boots, then put the carbs in, then reaching get a boot on carefully find the protrusion and line it up to the same on the other carburetor it fought us all the way I don’t know why we were having so much difficulty. We’re not done yet have to put the choke cable in next tighten all the boot clamps double check everything then still have to put the elbows in on the carburetor for rebuilt the air fuel mixture is reset to turns out I won’t be able to get back to you until next weekend. Assuming it’s warm enough in my garage just so mystified as to why I couldn’t get the carbs in with the boots on, I watched a lot of videos and it just doesn’t seem to be one specific way in which to and put them in some video say point them down push them in turn them no matter what couldn’t get it done I’ll report next week of success. We literally manhandled the carburetors didn’t do any damage but we sure as hell scraped up a lot of stuff.
I've only done it once, but the manual says one boot needs to stay on the engine, and one boot stays on a carb.

I'll have to check the manual to say which goes where . I think I left the front boot on the front cylinder, and the rear boot on the rear carb, but not 100% sure.

Seems like I got the front carb seated in the front boot, then put the bolts through the rear boot.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did exactly that we were patient. We were gentle we maneuvered it in many directions, and different angles to no avail. We could not get them in when we took the carburetors out to rebuild. It was not a fight. It had a mind of its own. I’m telling you we had Vulcan spirits that just didn’t want to put in. We just had a struggle I had to put the carbs in without the boots, and then struggle to get them on what is not a fun day

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hope the rebuild will cure my erratic stumbling problem . It sure beat both of us up
and was so frustrating

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s funny prior to doing my carb removal and reinstall I searched this site on YouTube and everywhere I could and never did I find a video that actually showed the carburetors being installed into the tiny little cavity I found the removal was not tough but going back in a nightmare I was surprised that nobody has made a really revealing video of the actual process of the carburetors being placed in their respective places.I’m sure it’s easy as heck if the engines out but when the engines in it really requires luck or finesse or both if I would’ve made a video I would’ve been kicked off the site for as many curse words used I am hoping that from here on it goes well

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
It’s funny prior to doing my carb removal and reinstall I searched this site on YouTube and everywhere I could and never did I find a video that actually showed the carburetors being installed into the tiny little cavity I found the removal was not tough but going back in a nightmare I was surprised that nobody has made a really revealing video of the actual process of the carburetors being placed in their respective places.I’m sure it’s easy as heck if the engines out but when the engines in it really requires luck or finesse or both if I would’ve made a video I would’ve been kicked off the site for as many curse words used I am hoping that from here on it goes well
That tiny little cavity is why I decided to do the earshave as soon as I got the bike. I knew the carbs would have to be cleaned some time, and my patience is only getting thinner as time passes.

My carbs need removed right now, all the orings and gaskets dried out and both were leaking last time I started it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts