Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pictures where you could get a fiberglass fairing, does anyone know where I can find one?

Blessings!
Richard

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
The only fiberglass fairing I know about that will fit the Vulcan 750 is the Kawasaki Tour Pack fairing. It has not been made in some tme, but you might keep an eye out on eBay. The Vulcan 750 is one of those bikes that there is an almost complete lack of aftermarket parts and accessories for. You can get a National Cycle Plexifairing III, which most people that have them claim works really good, but I can't get past the looks. Looks like a giant clear plexiglass barn door to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
The only fiberglass fairing I know about that will fit the Vulcan 750 is the Kawasaki Tour Pack fairing.
Well, the Only one you can actually order is the Hannigan. ( yes they make one specifically to fit the Vulcan 750)

There are some older "Vetter" fairings that could be made to work....with some work.

I do think the Hannigan fairing is cool, but somehow looks out of place on the Vulcan. It's more of a euro style or sport bike looking thing, and looks "odd" on a cruiser.JMHO.

I've have seen the Tourpack fairing show up no and then for sale, but snagging one in good repair (with lowers) is getting less likely as time goes on.........

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
First off, I am absolutely amazed they make a fairing specifically for the Vulcan 750. Who would have ever guessed that. The don't list one on the site. But, even so, it still costs a fortune, more than many Vulcan 750s are worth, and as KM said, the style looks out of place on a Vulcan, or pretty much any cruiser.

I remember the old Vetter Windjammers back when they were still made. Very heavy, but very good quality. Several people are still using them, including lots of Goldwing owners who own bikes older than the '80 Interstate model. I have never actually seen one, but it seems the Kawasaki fairings were not that well made, as most of them you find now do have some damage. Not good, considering what they cost when they first came out. IMO, cost was why the Tour Pack parts failed to sell. Kawasaki seriously overpriced them. Had they been priced half as much, I would have probably bought all of them. It would have been nice to have a brand new smaller touring bike for solo touring, used to people used 750s for touring all the time. Honda does have that crappy NV700, for ONLY $12,000. That's a $6,000 bike if ever I saw one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do fiberglass work on cars and boats, I think I am going to take a try and making my own batwing. I will post it through the procedures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts