Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a new thread because I am seriously looking to buying this bike and also have many questions about maintenance and repair items such as ....STATORS.

Here goes.The bike has 650 miles on it. All original. I rode it and it has some hard time staying running, probably did not warm up enough. After I test drove it, it ran fine. He is asking $4800 for it which is above KBB, but then again it does only have 650 miles.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

PS. I decided to forego the Magna because of it's weight and the fact that the styling does little for me. I prefer the spartan looks of the Vulcan.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
4800 bucks still sounds a bit high...does it have any extras ..like windscreens, aftermarket seat, saddlebags, etc??

Sounds like it needs a few good treatments of Seafoam and a MF battery, but I would wager if you get it you will own the lowest mile Vulcan 750 in the world...so if you like the ride and have the cash...go for it.

The whole stator thing is a bit overblown , I had my 2002 bike for almost 5 years and not one problem..as many threads you read about stators there are many more not about it, and most problems seem to be older bikes than the one you are looking at.

There are things you can do to help prevent many of the maladys reported here.

You only live once, get what you like and have fun before you check out.....................

KM

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great advice KM.

The bike does not have any extras. I agree that the asking price is still a bit high, but it is tempting to buy something that is practically brand new.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Bought my 2003 in 2006, so it was 3 years old. The PO used it for one year, put on 2,000 miles. He then bought a Harley and a second Harley. Fearing the wrath of the wife he stached VN750 in his friend's the car dealers shop. The moral of the story is that the bike didn't run for 2 years until I took interest in it.

They put on a new battery for me which was good but ultimately I had to have the fuel system cleaned out because the gas sat there all that time. I also had a problem with one of the rubber manifolds that connects the carb to the cylinder and the air leak make me nuts whenever the bike warmed up. All that was a few thousand miles ago and the bike is a wonderful machine.

The price may be a bit high but where are you going to find another one with that mileage. Like KM said, if you have the bucks go for it. With the wind in your face you'll soon forget the extra loot you paid over what you think you should have.

Ride safe and remember, shiny side up.

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
That's right...

The price may be a bit high but where are you going to find another one with that mileage. Like KM said, if you have the bucks go for it. With the wind in your face you'll soon forget the extra loot you paid over what you think you should have.
I agree, I paid a bit high 1.5 years ago, a 2000 with 3,600 miles. Seems like a distant memory now.

·
Registered
802 Posts
My 06 had just over 9000 on it, saddle bags, windshield and a drivers back rest. Gave 4200 for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts