Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been shopping around for forward controls for a while now and at the beginning of June I decided to pull the trigger on a “deal” from some overseas store that said they had them. I knew it was a risk, but if it worked out, I’d be bringing good news to the forum.

Instead, it was a bit of a mess and I come with a warning.

If you google for FC12 controls, you’ll find the typical ebay options or redefinedcycles, and then some others. They first list the prices in CA (I guess Canadian currency?) but you can convert to USD (like $93-$96USD). It all looks nice, their website looks like a normal website, but the devil hides in the background. I’ve found at least 3 sites that list the FC12 controls have the same style of “contact us” page and everything. It almost looks like the same website hosted under different names.

(Bogus) https://www.jpowerads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=712757
(Bogus) https://www.ovekhuhoi.com/fc12-forward-controls-for-kawasaki-vulcan-750-8506-vn750-fits-19852006-vn-p-713157.htm
(Bogus) https://www.tthegifts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=713157

Long story short, I’m filing a fraudulent charge with my bank.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Bummer! Thanks for the heads up.

Couple years back, I spotted those refinedcycle forwards on eBay with auctions starting at $100. There was at least one member here that got a set.

On refinedcycle.com they were listed at $700.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i saw those. figured i'd tray the scam sites for $90 less. still trying to stomach the idea of $186 for the ebay set. plus i'd like them in black anyway.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
I'd have to be sure I wanted them, but they'll only get harder to find. They made them in black but I just checked and the 11 sets are all polished. Wouldn't be too hard to paint or powder coat.

I was close to getting a set back then, but decided they might not work with my back.

They sold 32 sets and have 11 left. Sort of looks like refinedcycle might have gone out of business, and now their website may be hacked.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd have to be sure I wanted them, but they'll only get harder to find. They made them in black but I just checked and the 11 sets are all polished. Wouldn't be too hard to paint or powder coat.

I was close to getting a set back then, but decided they might not work with my back.

They sold 32 sets and have 11 left. Sort of looks like refinedcycle might have gone out of business, and now their website may be hacked.
i didn't realize they only had 11. i pulled the trigger. if i can remove the rubber parts i'll probably paint them with exhaust paint. other things i've painted and baked with that stuff seems to have held up well.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Let me know how it works out, I may still get a set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts