16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is the start of Faye,as i got her

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
here she is mocked up with a springer and a 21" harley rim.the back end is mocked up about were it will sit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lookin' good so far, Doc. I know a little late. Just starting to get used to working nights again. Been trying to get caught up around the house. Haven't had any free time. Gonna try to come over soon to check it out.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That springer front end looks pretty sharp.
Have you ridden a springer forked mc before?
How different is it, or maybe I should ask how does it handle differently from from a hydraulic dampened fork?

And I really like the paint job on the tank!
I may be a bit prejudiced, but the only one I like better is the OEM paint on my '91. :) lol
Like this one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Vulcan-700-Vulcan-750-VN700-VN750-Fuel-Tank-Good-/181100753165?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=27&meid=6403828319800120345&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=181100753165&

How much longer is the wheel base?
Or better yet, how much are the specs changed from these originals?
RAKE/TRAIL: 32 degrees/5.0 in.
LENGTH 90.4"
WIDTH 33.5"
HEIGHT 48.2"
WHEELBASE 62.2"
GROUND CLEARANCE 5.9"
SEAT HEIGHT 28.9"

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ya, really....that tank is killer !....if'n ya already got the springer, ya go that way...Id go girder though...but thats me...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Twisted....dude....you gotta get more active in here...eh ? Hope you two are gonna come down to Strange Days...I'll be there the full 3 days...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twisted....dude....you gotta get more active in here...eh ? Hope you two are gonna come down to Strange Days...I'll be there the full 3 days...
gonna try to get there.the springer needs to be cut down about 10" to a foot and i am going to have the vn stem machined to the bottom triple.then will have to fab mount off the axle for the caliper,as the kz440 rim only has 1 disk.i myself haven't ridden a springer,but know a few guys that have.they aren't that bad.some times they pogo if you have one that isn't damped.havn't got much done on her because have been working on my house and picked up a 1986 gs 550 es that i am putting together so i can pull Mellisa apart to do some nessecary work to her.will get some pics of the 550 as she stands when i get back online.don't worry Wolfie,i will talk to my brother,if i can get him off the gun sites.lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ya, really....that tank is killer !....if'n ya already got the springer, ya go that way...Id go girder though...but thats me...
last year i saw a harmon girder at the Syracuse swap meet for $400.i kicked myself HARD for spending all my money early:doh:and if the tank ever needs a repaint,my friend Dave is buddies with the guy who painted it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will try Wolfie. Work has been pushing mandatory overtime at least one day a week, but they really want two days. Between work and catching up around the house I've been shot lately. but I'll try.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I will try Wolfie. Work has been pushing mandatory overtime at least one day a week, but they really want two days. Between work and catching up around the house I've been shot lately. but I'll try.
You and me too brother!
I hear ya....but come hell or high water, I will make time to ride...lol
I hope we can all meet up again like we did at the Clinton Diner....I got Strange Days on my calendar too...see you there if you make it.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
yup it looks sick but i was gonna mention that the springer looks too tall but i see you noticed that too

hurry up and get it finished so i can steal all your ideas lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I'll be doin all 3 days at StrangeDays btw...camping out...a biker's Woodstock...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is the dates,again?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup it looks sick but i was gonna mention that the springer looks too tall but i see you noticed that too

hurry up and get it finished so i can steal all your ideas lol
yeah gotta cut it down about a foot.probally gonna use a 21" harley front wheel,too.will be easier to fab a front brake that way.gonna try Fab Kevin's front brake kit

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool.that is the week after my clubs run.i will get up info about that if anyone is interested.it is on sat july 13.will get up location and times at a later date.might make sat and sunday

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the dude i got my bike off of finally found the new shifter shaft and the gaskets for the motor:D:D:Di also have it mocked up set up as a digger,with the bike real low and the fork looooooooong.might have to find someone to do some cutting and raking for me.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also found out the dude that painted the tank eats at the restaurant i work at:rockon:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...hay...barter time.....

...and Strange Days is def a go....they just come up with a new poster and flyers....(at the website)....dont worry about Fri...thats more the raffle and stuff....the good stuff happens Sat/Sun.....Laconia, NH for me this weekend !...been 25 yrs since I been there....woo hoo !!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool.saturday will be easier to get off then fri

1 - 20 of 192 Posts