Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All-

Ordered my Pro-Tac Drivers backrest from www.fasteddysports.com..

Cost was $140.00 shipped.

I placed my order on the 20th and received it today.. They ask for some info so they can customize the seat for you which was nice.

I received the backrest today.. It was packed nicely, well made, and installation was a breeze.

Have not really used it yet but wanted to share that my experience with this vendor was positive.

Have a Great One.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Definately post some pics!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go!

Looking forward to riding tomorrow and testing it out.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of it.

Thanks!

Jay

Attachments

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Pics look good, ok caught my interest, now will be waiting on ride report! One ? Is the back adjustable forward and back or is it just where it is? I think the mount is stationary but does it adjust the upright back and forth? Thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I believe they are cheaper directly from Harold. My understanding is that he is only making them on a limited basis now. Suppose Fast Eddy could still have some in stock from before he retired. Or they are just serving as a middleman between the customer and Harold.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics look good, ok caught my interest, now will be waiting on ride report! One ? Is the back adjustable forward and back or is it just where it is? I think the mount is stationary but does it adjust the upright back and forth? Thanks
I rode the bike for about an hour today.. 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes home.. I loved the backrest so far to be honest. It was just simply a more comfortable ride.... I am interested in testing it for a longer ride to see how my back holds up but so far so good.

To answer your questions it does not adjust.. When you sit in it, it flexes back just a smidgen until it seats in the mounts..

I will say that it would take a pretty skinny girl to ride with you if you kept it on riding tandem. My lady sqeezed in but she didn't look to comfy lol.. and no we didn't ride anywhere.. she just sat on the bike... I am putting the 900 seat on the bike shortly to give her some more room like Chuck did..

Well see how it all turns out

Have a great one!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts

i got mine and have used it on several 200+ mile trips i love it that pic was taken on a trip to my buddies old highschool ( howe military school )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts