Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before when I would shut off my 2003 bike, and it was hot out, the fan would continue to run. I don't hear that now and in Texas, it has been hot! At a stop light today I noticed the temp gage shot up FAST before I got moving again.
Any suggestions on what could be wrong? I might just take it in and have the pro's look at it.

Any suggestion would be helpful,

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Take the black connector off of the fan switch on the bottom left corner of the radiator. Find a piece of thin wire and push it into the connector then place the other end of the wire against a good clean earth or the battery negative terminal. If the fan runs then your problem is the radiator switch. If the fan doesn't run then it could be a number of things, the fan itself, one of the fuses, the fan relay (which is sealed inside the fusebox) or maybe even a poor connection at the fan plug or radiator switch. Even though you are not supposed to be able to get into the back of the fusebox, I managed to pry mine apart once to clean up the circuit board & re-solder a couple of connections that had gone bad, after which I sealed up the edges with silicone sealant. Water had somehow managed to get inside & cause some corrosion. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my bike back. It was a junction box that needed replaced. Extended warranty covered it. I'm back on the road!
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts