Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my bike is an 05 it has a very faint ticking sound that if your not listeing for you probably wouldn't notice, but all the videos i've see of these bike running the all seem to have the same faint sound and i was woundering if this is a pretty normal thing for these bikes i mean the bike runs fine, i'm guess i've just heard one to many stories about the HLA and the ACCT

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Try the Grambo trick (see Vulcan Verses section of forum). If it goes away, it's your ACCT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this may make me sound like a idiot but wher is the tensioner housing at on the engine?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
this may make me sound like a idiot but wher is the tensioner housing at on the engine?
Front cylinder ACCT is on the left side, a few inches above the bottom of the V between the cylinders.
Rear cylinder ACCT is on the back left side, (CORRECTION - BACK RIGHT SIDE) and protrudes just over the coolant overflow bottle.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Faint ticking is normal. If it becomes "noticeable" or gets louder as the bike warms up, you need to do something.

My belief is many folks get too paranoid about noises coming from their motor. But they are the hardest to diagnose over the Internet.
KM

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine makes all kinds of noises until it's warm enough to move the temp indicator up to about the first line. Then it smooths out fine.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
OlHoss said "Rear cylinder ACCT is on the back left side, and protrudes just over the coolant overflow bottle."...
did you mean back right side?

mine ticks on and off until it warms up... which i assume is the ACCT and isn't really a big deal, right?

also, its a source of my only oil leak.. not much but enough to collect a little grime.
is there a gasket there that could use replacing?

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
You're right. it's on the right side. ACCT is the most common source of the ticking and as long as it goes away when the engine warms up it's not a really big deal. But there will come a time when it wears out or breaks and the ticking won't go away. It's best to take care of it before that happens.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea mine isn't loud at all and i'm probably just being paranoid, the bike runs great, it's my first shaft drive motorcycle, so i'm gettin use to that

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OlHoss said "Rear cylinder ACCT is on the back left side, and protrudes just over the coolant overflow bottle."...
did you mean back right side?
mine ticks on and off until it warms up... which i assume is the ACCT and isn't really a big deal, right?

also, its a source of my only oil leak.. not much but enough to collect a little grime.
is there a gasket there that could use replacing?
Gonna hafta replace my proofreader eh, electrum?:doh:

No gaskets on the ACCT. But there are 2 O-rings. One between the ACCT and engine, and one at the top under the sealing cap screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts