Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remember correctly, Kawasaki offered a Vulcan 750 near the end of its run with factory-installed Windshield, and hard saddlebags. Did these ever sell? Someone asked me about them the other day, and it got me to thinking about them. My Wifes first-ever bike was a VN750 that the p.o. had installed a small screen and bags on. She now rides a 1500 Nomad but was thinking about getting a 2nd bike, and I mentioned it to her.
Any of them out there?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Factory installed windshied, maybe, but the Tour Pack was offered as an option, and that nearer the beginning of the 750's production run; late '80s, early '90s, or thereabouts. They were only made for a very few years, altho they were available for a few more; the demand was there, but the price was outrageous. Saddlebags alone were somewhere around 1200 bucks, IIRC. Kawasaki finally managed to sell what it had, by gradually reducing the price 'til they sold out. The last pieces still available, the saddlebag lid rails, sold on closeout at $14 a pair several years ago; I got a pair at $14, and I think Dianna got either one or two pairs at 18 bucks a pair.

Some 750s were offered with the complete Tour Pack at various dealers, but they were installed by the dealer; the dealer in Lawton, OK had one in '05, and I think ended up separating it so they could sell the bike. Someone else got the Tour Pack that came off it at a huge discount.

That Craigslist ad is kinda odd; first time I've ever seen the fairing and hardbags mounted without the F&S engine guard and extended backrest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts