Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if these are factory? from looking at other pics looks like they are bent out further as opposed to the mini ape look ive seen in other picks.
if these arent factory then would the factory ones make a big difference in control?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
They aint stock by a long run brother....stocks have a 7.5 inch rise....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i thought. would stock be any better. if so and someone likes these better i may would trade. i do like that there seems to be a little more room to add accessories.

·
Registered
456 Posts
"Better" is purely dependent on your personal preference, and body type/size.

Im 6 foot 4 and have 15 inch ape hangers that fit me perfectly but shorter guys hate them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
definitely aftermarket bars and grips on your scoot - it definitely gives it more of a feel like the VN750's bigger brothers.

all a matter of comfort when you ride. The stock bars sit up higher, so if those bars aren't comfortable, you might want to look into a stock set. Me personally, I'm very comfortable with the stock bars. And I agree, those have a LOT more room for accessories.

On a semi-related tangent, what is that clock/etc thing you have on top of the tree? I'm looking for something like that, but I can't find one.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
definitely aftermarket bars and grips on your scoot - it definitely gives it more of a feel like the VN750's bigger brothers.

all a matter of comfort when you ride. The stock bars sit up higher, so if those bars aren't comfortable, you might want to look into a stock set. Me personally, I'm very comfortable with the stock bars. And I agree, those have a LOT more room for accessories.

On a semi-related tangent, what is that clock/etc thing you have on top of the tree? I'm looking for something like that, but I can't find one.
its a clock and voltmeter also has temp. bad thing is it isnt waterproof. i used clear water sealer around all the parts that might leak. has done ok so far.
the volts are off by about 1.5 volts. as you can see its showing 11 something. but my multimeter shows 12.5. it is more accurate when the bike is running. i had the show chrome version but it got wet during a major rain and quit working. my wife got me this one so i figured i would try it. it came with the cigarette lighter plug but i cut it off and ran the wires to my coil relay.
got it on amazon. here is the link if it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FWWUNS?cache=459c97f638b0b9254021deff6e16dad6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1404873896&sr=8-6#ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
A LONG time ago, Knifemaker made IMO the best post when it comes to getting custom bars.......

Get the bike level and feet on the pegs.....then close yer eyes, and stick yer arms out where you would be comfy.....have a friend measure and note the location and dimension.....there are quite a few mfg out there making more customized 7/8 bars....one day I will be getting a pipe bender, and will start making my own.....

Like JJ, Im over 6 foot tall.....the stockers dont cut it.....Id like 10-12" high, wider, and a lil swept back.....like I stated...follow Knifemakers cue....it works...or at least gets ya close....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts