Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomend any products to deter fogging faceshields?Its getting that time of year when its just cool enough in the morning and evening to fog my shield .I have been riding with my shield open if its real bad but that gets kind of chilly after a while.

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I looked on my bottle of Rain-X Anti-Fog...NOT FOR USE ON PLASTICS unless noted by manufacturer. So I guess that's out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Try washing the faceshield with dishwasher soap, rise it a little and dry it out with a paper tissue (very lightly) so as to leave a bit of the soap on the faceshield, it helps dimish the fogging a bit and it's almost free... works on my shoei...

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Oh yeah, that time of year again. That chilly, cold feeling on the face is invigorating, it's a
good wake-up when driving to work at 7 AM. Have switched from a Full Face Helment
to a good quality Half Helmet just to get more fresh, crisp air flowing around my morning wakeing brain.

Been looking for an Anti-Fog wipe on cloth myself. Will have to checkout
Walmart.

Will be storing Lena this Winter and riding my KLR650 over the snow and
slush, but no, no ice whatsoever. There is an employee at the VA Hospital
here that rides his Gold Wing every day of the year, he must have some sort
of knack for riding on snow and ice. Studded MC tires are no longer available at Tire shops,
but some people stud their own tires. They may be still selling studded MC Tires in Canada,
will have to check into it.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I'd say put your feet out, but we know that doesn't work.

I like the cold on my face too, but when I have to go 10 miles at freeway speeds, I end up talking like I've been shooting up novocaine. For 30 minutes, at least.

Hey Mushu - good tip. I know the trick to most anti-fog products is not to clean the surface like you would normally - just leave a residue layer.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
there was some anti fog stuff somewhere for plastics... cant remember where... try looking under helmet accesories on some websites..... also what helmet you got. some have a anti fog thing that you can purchase separate.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I used a version of THESE in my goggles when I played paintball.
The ones in the link are different in that there's also a gasket with them. The ones I used for goggles were just a clear laminate sheet that you applied on the inside of the lens using soapy water. Dried pretty clear when properly applied and worked great for no more fogging. I thought there was a similar plain laminate for face shields, but I can't seem to find one on the WWW.
There are probably some on ebay.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Scuba divers just spit in the mask. Do you have enough for the whole face shield ?

·
Registered
699 Posts
rnewell said:
Scuba divers just spit in the mask. Do you have enough for the whole face shield ?
:drool: lmfao

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Still looking for a anti-fog product that works on plastic.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
both my sunglasses and my visor fog on a regular basis in the morning here in Maine. I would love to know if something actually works. I haven't tried the spit yet, I usually have a mouthful of decaf and I doubt coffee works the same.:beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I haven't tried any of the Fog City products I mentioned previously on my street helmet yet. But I did find a snowmobile shield on ebay that fit my helmet. (HJC CL12 StreetFighter)
I've only used it a couple times so far, but it seems to work pretty good.
It's a double layer shield.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I used a version of THESE in my goggles when I played paintball.
The ones in the link are different in that there's also a gasket with them. The ones I used for goggles were just a clear laminate sheet that you applied on the inside of the lens using soapy water. Dried pretty clear when properly applied and worked great for no more fogging. I thought there was a similar plain laminate for face shields, but I can't seem to find one on the WWW.
There are probably some on ebay.
I will look up the link when I get off work but if someone else wants to start there are some products in the J&P catolog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
use shaving cream.......it works
also if you have scratches on your shield or sunglasses clean them with peanut butter.....i know i know......sound really screwed up but it does work

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just bought a Scott anti-fog thingy. It is a cloth you use on your shield and or glasses/sunglasses. It works great. Got it at the Suzuki dealer who ordered my t/s relocation kit.

I think it is specifically for snowmobile riders and their goggles, but my perscription WilyX sunglasses have a removable foam insert to block out wind during a ride and they were really bad about fogging up, so I tried it and NO FOG whatsoever since... I am sold on this thing, especially because it only cost a couple of bucks.:smiley_th

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I like acetone. At first it seemed to make rough, but then I figured out how to do it. It gets so clear you can put your hand through it, and it no longer fogs up. The only downside is that rain and wind comes through it as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks Cegodsey, I needed that laugh!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts