Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh man, that would be a lifesaver...thank you very much! Just let me know how much postage would be and i'll get right on it. my zip code is 15656

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Oh man, that would be a lifesaver...thank you very much! Just let me know how much postage would be and i'll get right on it. my zip code is 15656
OK, I'm at work, so I can take care of it Monday. PM me your address if you're gonna need me to send it, and I'll just send it out and we'll worry about the money later. It cost I think 5 bucks to send my stator out to Tim Parrot in Alabama from NY, so I'm sure it will only be a few bucks out to you for a little R/R.

How far are you from Indiana? I spent a semester at IUP and loved it out there!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
no name on it. it was one of those that was real cheap on ebay.....made in china. seller doesn't exist anymore, at least, not under the name he had. Anyway, I found a shendegen brand R/R for $60 and i ordered it, but it turns out that it was for years 1986-1993 and my bike is a 1997. I hope to God that i can still use it or the old lady will probably kill me for wasting money. The part # is SH658-12. Does anyone know if this will work, or if there is any differences between the model years that i should know about, or can work around? BTW, thanks for all the help everyone !!
R/R is the same for all years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help & info.:smiley_th

·
Registered
54 Posts
I want one of these kits too. PM sent on 3/26/12, but I noticed that Rags hasn't been on since March 4th.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rags stator mod.

rags, im interested in the stator mod you sell. Please put my name on the list. Ill be able to send payment in a couple weeks if thats ok with you...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Emachineshop as a solution?

Raceking/Tobesscooby/Byorec,

Check out emachineshop.com

If we could design the plate, perhaps the cost to have them do it would be feasible.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Updated list and other stuff! Look on next page ;)....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Tuxedo Stator Mod Kits.... I have enough plates to make 4 more kits....... After this batch I need to purchase another piece of Aluminum......I used my whole Surplus street sign to make Tuxedo plates! lol, I got a great deal on that sign from a local City Auction years ago......... :) I should have bought more, that was many years ago...Aluminum has really gone up in price since then...sigh

1.GTELVIS ....Paid APR 17 , ***SHIPPED APR 18***** USPS Priority with tracking.....

Please PM me and will add your name to the list, Order will be as I receive confirmation then payment...... I will provide you with my paypal address and my contact info and get you info to ship to......

Paypal is the best way, I will also take Postal Money Orders if you dont have paypal......

$50.00 shipped USPS Priority with tracking number VIA paypal.....

Again I am sorry I have not been on! You should see all my email I have to sort out!! lol.........:doh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I am sorry I have not been on....Lisa spent some time in the hospital with pnemonia, i have been sick myself..... alot of stuff going on...I am finally at a place i can make a few kits..... I have some unanswered PM's I am going to respond to...... sorry i have not been on!! sucks when life gets in the way sometimes....... I just looked and have enough plates for 4 more kits..........it will take me a few days to make some complete kits ready to ship.... So far everybody whom purchased a kit from me is happy....please do your research and read about this mod in depth....it is not for the faint of heart and requires alot of patience to do..... But it does save you some time instead pulling the engine which is not fun, and will also make future stator changes a snap.... I have a link off my sig on some install tips and so does my friend Tuxedo whom invented this mod..... I will reply to Pms and I made a fresh list above....... :smiley_th

·
Registered
483 Posts
Rags- Sorry to hear about your wife being in the hospital.. Glad both of you are on the mend and feeling better.

I will say that I personally have one of these kits and it is QUALITY made.

Thanks Again Rags and Welcome Back!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I'm in for the Stator kit

Hi Rags,

Sorry to hear about the medical issues.

Glad to see you are back on.

Love to get the kit.

PM'ing you as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for the nice wishes everybody !

One kit is sold.... only 3 left....

I have no idea when I will be making these kits again after these 4 have sold......

Get your kit now, once they are gone they are gone ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I did use 2 gaskets on the outer cover.....they where both used so pretty squashed and squared off....... Maybe reuse you old o-ring and purchase a new one, I stuck the 2 oring gaskets together with super glue, thin layer ....super glue has saved me many times on orings......

Also if you use a good silicone and all mating surfaces super clean it should seal..... Acetone or starting fluid is a great surface cleaner for gaskets......

I use Permatex Ultra Black on everything...that stuff has worked very well for me........

Have the mod also and Tim Parrot stator and is working great, except for oil leak at bottom of outer cover... Rags, did you use two OEM gaskets, one on top of the other, and then the black silicone? I'm having no luck stopping the leak with one OEM gasket and the red silicone.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thank you for the nice words ;)

Your kit has shipped APR 18, I sent you a tracking number to your email address provided......

Enjoy!:smiley_th

Hi Rags,

Sorry to hear about the medical issues.

Glad to see you are back on.

Love to get the kit.

PM'ing you as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks for the props and kind words.... Tuxedo sure came up with a nice inexpensive design,,,,,,I am glad the kits are helping people out with the not so easy stator replacement on these bikes......:)

Rags- Sorry to hear about your wife being in the hospital.. Glad both of you are on the mend and feeling better.

I will say that I personally have one of these kits and it is QUALITY made.

Thanks Again Rags and Welcome Back!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Just Replaced the kit the PO made with Rags kit. It makes it look like it is meant to be like this.

Thanks Rags.

41 - 60 of 386 Posts