Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has to be someone on here who has these bolts and bracket laying around. Please help me I just need the parts. And spacers. I'll pay!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got these images from a member a year or so ago. They aren't great pictures. You can't read much on it, but you can see the bolts and washers. I didn't use any spacers. In fact, I remember the damn thing being pretty tight. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get it around the bike. I had to use a crow bar.

I think the list reads:
2 - 5/16" SAE flatwashers (not sure about the size. its hard to read but they pair with 8x1.25x65mm bolts)
5 - ??" SAE flatwasters (again, not sure about the size, its hard to read. but they pair with 10x1.25 bolts)
1 - 10mm split lockwasher
2 - 8x1.25x65mm hex head bolt
1 - 10x1.25x25mm hex head bolt
4 - 10x1.25x35mm hex head bolt
2 - 7/16"x3/4"x1/4" spacers (these are used to keep your footrests level. they aren't needed and I don't have them on mine.)

all of these part can be bought at your local hardware store. I picked mine up at Home Depot.

Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
There has to be someone on here who has these bolts and bracket laying around. Please help me I just need the parts. And spacers. I'll pay!
Here is the complete parts list, though I'd see how much of this hardware I could get in Marine Grade Stainless Steel rather then plated.

VN700/750 VULCAN ENGINE GUARD K32000-023A

QTY P/N DESCRITPTION
2 301132 5/16" SAE FLATWASHER, PLATED
5 301133 3/8" SAE FLATWASHER, PLATED
1 301410 10mm SPLIT LOCKWASHER, PLATED
2 303158 8-1.25 X 65mm HEX HED BOLT, PLATED
1 303160 10-1.25 X 25mm HEX HED BOLT, PLATED
4 303161 10-1.25 X 35mm HEX HED BOLT, PLATED
2 510005 7/16 X 3/4 X 1/4" SPACER, PLATED
1 421110 BOLT-ON MOUNT BRACKET, CHROME
1 620635 ENGINE GUARD WELDMENT, CHROME

I re-scanned this to get the file size small enough to upload:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
1 421110 BOLT-ON MOUNT BRACKET, CHROME

You won't find that at a hardware store. You'll have to fabricate something like it.

2 510005 7/16 X 3/4 X 1/4" SPACER, PLATED

May be difficult. You can stack several washers to get the desired effect.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are awesome. Hmm I guess getting the bracket will be the hardest part or making my own.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You guys are awesome. Hmm I guess getting the bracket will be the hardest part or making my own.
yea, luckily I got mine from a member here. They sent me the bracket too. I can try and take some dimensions for it. It might be awhile though. My work schedule is from 8am to 10:30pm this week. the bike is at a garage I rent about 2 miles from the house, so I don't know that I will get out there until Saturday. If no one has responded before then, I get you dimensions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you boss! That would be great! I'll start looking around for someone who can fab it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, living on an island really sucks because I cannot find anyone to make that bracket. I would have to go to Seattle I think. Is there anyone here who can take theirs in to make a duplicate? I would pay for trouble and the part. Getting desperate.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, living on an island really sucks because I cannot find anyone to make that bracket. I would have to go to Seattle I think. Is there anyone here who can take theirs in to make a duplicate? I would pay for trouble and the part. Getting desperate.
Depends on what material I have laying around. I could make you one if i have some scrap 1/4" flat stock laying around. It wouldn't be super professional. It would be clean and it would work, though. let me see what i got.

all you need is a grinder and a drill bit and you could make it, though. either way, I am happy to help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks much thicker in every picture I have of it. I don't have the exact dimensions of that bracket. I could use all the help I can get. I'm ordering the spacers and pretty sure that Ace hardware has the bolts I need

·
Registered
202 Posts
It looks much thicker in every picture I have of it. I don't have the exact dimensions of that bracket. I could use all the help I can get. I'm ordering the spacers and pretty sure that Ace hardware has the bolts I need
it maybe thicker. I havent looked at that thing since I put it on. Saturday I will get some dimensions and we can go from there.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I say get this, cut it with a hack saw to the size you need. If you need it double thick, use a piece off each end each end. Then drill the other hole.

Kawasaki VN750 Rear brake torque rod fits 1987 ? 2006 | eBay

I'll try to remember to get you dimensions tomorrowish - Drew may be me too it lol. Got lots going on, daughter hit a curb, gotta rebuild her cars front end. I'll compare the pieces tomorrow if I can in my garage and let you know if it will work.

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
Specs for Bolt-On Engine Guard Bracket

Here ya go, this ought to help...
(That is an actual tracing of my bracket.)

Reactions: thtanner

·
2,527 Posts

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
Fact. Now in the future I need to get tools so I can start finishing my own projects. A welder and a grinder. I don't have hardly any tools. Sadly. I move too much
I have several tool boxes I've accumulated over the years, unfortunately, when this job opportunity came along I kind of got the bum's rush to get down here for it and I just put everything into storage, up in Hew Hampshire. So now, everytime I do something to the bike I have to go buy the tools to do it with and I know I am buying things that I already have.
:| Oh well. Life works in funny ways.

:beerchug:

Reactions: Matthew Wellington

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have several tool boxes I've accumulated over the years, unfortunately, when this job opportunity came along I kind of got the bum's rush to get down here for it and I just put everything into storage, up in Hew Hampshire. So now, everytime I do something to the bike I have to go buy the tools to do it with and I know I am buying things that I already have.
:| Oh well. Life works in funny ways.

:beerchug:
Yea, I move every 2-3 years and can't bring everything with me due to weight restrictions. I try though. Hopefully I can plant some roots down and keep all my stuff in one area for once

1 - 20 of 23 Posts