Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the engine guard mounted, took it for a short ride, and it was just not working out for me. I only have size 11 combat boots on, but I can only get like 2 inches of my toe on top of the shifter and that's only if I'm careful/precise about moving it under. Any more on the shifter, and after I downshift once, it will not travel up high enough to downshift again. Total safety hazard in my book, so I took it off.

Rear brake pedal side is a bit more roomy due to the pedal not being closer to the frame like the shifter, but still awkward.

Anyone else had similiar problems, and found a way to get around it?

Also I mounted highway pegs on the bar, and frankly they were painfully uncomfortable to use - way too high, made for an extremely uncomfortable seating position. I'm thinking if I go with a highway peg solution of some sort, it would have to be lower and further out laterally.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
put forward controls on it. it made a world of difference for me. im 6' and size 13 shoes

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Got the engine guard mounted, took it for a short ride, and it was just not working out for me. I only have size 11 combat boots on, but I can only get like 2 inches of my toe on top of the shifter and that's only if I'm careful/precise about moving it under. Any more on the shifter, and after I downshift once, it will not travel up high enough to downshift again. Total safety hazard in my book, so I took it off.

Rear brake pedal side is a bit more roomy due to the pedal not being closer to the frame like the shifter, but still awkward.

Anyone else had similiar problems, and found a way to get around it?

Also I mounted highway pegs on the bar, and frankly they were painfully uncomfortable to use - way too high, made for an extremely uncomfortable seating position. I'm thinking if I go with a highway peg solution of some sort, it would have to be lower and further out laterally.

I had to rotate the shifter lever up a couple of degrees.. after that it worked fine, and even better with my added highway pegs.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
put forward controls on it. it made a world of difference for me. im 6' and size 13 shoes
Wolfie makes some awesome ones

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I had the F&S engine guard on my bike and removed it after a while.
I had no problem with the pegs I mounted, but the left foot was cramped on the shifter side. I also rotated the shifter lever up a notch like Slim said and it helped.

IMO the shifter on the VN750 does not stick out enough. I wish the peg end was about an inch or two longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts