Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1.32 gal Jerry can at Generator Joes that is built like a tank, double walled. A bit expensive but the right size for our bike if anyone is trying to do any long-distance-not-so-many-gas-stations-around-kinda-Alaskan trip. It is 12 1/4 inches high, 9 wide and I think about 4 deep. Ken

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i wish those tanks were a bit more in diameter and less width, i would so get one.... btw there was a harley in the parking lot at my work, looked like he had tanks in the saddle bags. i wonder how that works with the gravity system we have, could he have used a small low pressure fuel pump? i'll try and see who this guy is..

·
Registered
40 Posts
You may have seen a Harley with the police package. On the police package the hard saddle bags have fake caps on the top which look like filler caps.

Or ..... I may be full of crapolla!!! ;)

Hizzo3 said:
i wish those tanks were a bit more in diameter and less width, i would so get one.... btw there was a harley in the parking lot at my work, looked like he had tanks in the saddle bags. i wonder how that works with the gravity system we have, could he have used a small low pressure fuel pump? i'll try and see who this guy is..

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
whats the purpose of fake caps?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I like the narrorer 2.25 aluminum better than the 2.0 plastic. All looked great to me and thanks for the find for all of us. Ken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Uhhh.... to make the saddle bags look like tanks?

I really don't know.

Hizzo3 said:
whats the purpose of fake caps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts