1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I like it!:smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
It says air-tight seal. Curious how much pressure builds up on a long hot summer ride? Is that safe??
It has bolstered shoulder and base to prevent bulging. In the picture it is hanging in the breeze to cool similar to relocated r/r. It should be strong enough to handle the pressure IMHO.

30 oz is ~1/4 gallon so should get you 10 or 12 miles to get to service station after running tank out. Probably enough in 95% of emergencies in populated areas, maybe not so much out here on the wide open prairies of the west. It looks like a good idea.:smiley_th

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
$20 for a water bottle? You've got to be kidding. I used to carry a leak-proof plastic container that I cleaned out and stored gasoline in for my emergency car bag, and it never leaked or exploded or gave me any issues, but was there when I needed it. Cost me NOTHING!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
I have in the past, used a old Gatorade bottle and put gas in it and kept it in my saddle bag. it never gave me any problems.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plastic ones only give problems when you lay the bike down. Not sure the aluminum bottle would be much safer, unless positioned where it won't scrape. Plastic bottles ae good, but the lids are usually not.
If you cross borders or drive through security inspections, the aluminum might pass, the plastic probably would not.
I have looked at cheaper aluminum and stainless water bottles but never liked the lids or the lack of strength.
If they can make aluminum bottles for compressed air they can made it for expanding gasoline.

Still, twenty dollars is a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
That's a bottle from MSR - good products for backpacking, so I'm thinking the bottle and cap are good quality. A leaking bottle of gas (gas for your stove) inside your backpack would be a very bad thing. Whether the cap holds while strapped to the bike and baking in the sun is another matter, but I've considered carrying an MSR bottle with me on a long ride. 30 ounces isn't much insurance, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts