Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
I think you missed my question I was asking what pin on the alternator would I hook the switched power up to so that the voltage regulator would ignite

I am going to hit up some junk yards later today to see if I can find a cheap alternator that I can use

what do you think the highest amperage would be before I risk over charging the battery

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I used a 30 amp alt. as for which pin, ill have to look tonight.
Regardless, you'll want to check it with a volt meter to be sure.
One triggers the power & one triggers the trouble light.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
as for the forward controls I will be extending them out wider so that I have room to get around the ears as they are now which is wolfies design my knees are hitting the air filter boxes and it is a bit uncomfortable

·
Registered
856 Posts
yep, guess I did misunderstand your question. Sorry bout that...

Was there any useful information on the Technical Service Bulletin link on the page for that alternator? I tried to connect to it but cant get to the link here at work.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
yeah I figured it out I am going with a delco-remy alt for a 72 chevy c10 it cost 29 bucks at orielly auto parts it is a bit bigger than I wanted but it is a simple two wire design one post goes to the ignition switch and the other gets looped over to the post that sends power to the battery it is rated as a 63 amp alternator but I was ensured that the regulator will keep it from hurting the battery

61 - 67 of 67 Posts