Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
nice one Denny! lol yeah, CCR is cool too.
Bayou Country!

I heard left-hand cigs are good for ya, dunno of course, just sayin.....:drool:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I may have twisted one or two up when I was younger. You can tell by looking at me I have got my munchies on ,more than once. I told you "here we go" ,weren't we talking about Alternators at one point.
:doh: lol ,sorry kanuck.

We will now tune in to our regularly scheduled program, :)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I may have twisted one or two up when I was younger. You can tell by looking at me I have got my munchies on ,more than once. I told you "here we go" ,weren't we talking about Alternators at one point.
:doh: lol ,sorry kanuck.

We will now tune in to our regularly scheduled program, :)
Already in progress.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I was lookin at a Harley generator today....I can get it fer $10...its fully enclosed, so no worries about foof getting in....its not as big around, but is longer than automotive....slimmer....hmmmmmmmm.....I think its like 55A...

·
Registered
56 Posts
This looks awesome, but hope I never have to implement it. But if the stator does go out I will be all over this mod. Thanks for figuring it out!

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
never mind kanuck I found it and after some reviewing I noticed that I have contemplated this before but I believe it is time to implement your design

I still want to retain the forwards but I think its going to encompass a complete redesign of either the forwards or the mounting of the alt.

if you can find the specs and part # on the crank seal it would be awesome

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
will this one work and if so what pin would I have to put the switched power on

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Import-Alternator/_/N-93xme?itemIdentifier=680165_0_0_
My thought would be to put the switched power in line with the main power feed from the ignition switch so that the battery is energizing the coil as soon as you switch the bike on. Or if there is an significant amperage pull from that switch power lead, the obvious choice would be to set it up on a relay.

Not sure what kind of drain this would put on the battery if the alternator isn't spinning. My understanding of setting these things up is a little limited from reading up on converting lawn mower engines into DIY backup power generators.

I wonder if the original headlight relay can be triggered to turn on with the 12v DC from the alternator, or if it purely needs the higher AC voltage from the original stator.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I couldn't follow the link. But, if your interested, I am going to part out scarlet. You could acquire most of what you need from me. Ill have to look & see where I connected the sending lead from the alternator.
With forward controls you will want some sort of shield to protect you from the Belts.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts