Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Vulcan 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to sell aftermarket pipes for my 88vn750? I’ve put serious hours into finding a set…and still nothing can be found!!!! I want a louder bike lol

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
The aftermarket pipes are very hard to find, I tried for over a year and just gave up.
There are ways to make the stock system louder if you want to. You can remove the mufflers, if you do I’d put some exhaust tips on the pipes just to move the sound back because without the mufflers the output is directly under your head and can be very droning at highway speed.
Option 2 is to gut the mufflers and remove the baffles, labor intensive but gives the bike a deeper type of sound. This is how I’m set up today.

Option 3, remove the goats belly, I’ve seen folks put the mufflers directly on the headers, use HD mufflers, and just flat out leave everything off, this is as loud as you probably could get without some kind of megaphone exhaust but like I mentioned above this will be right underneath you,

except for gutting the mufflers, everything is reversible if you don’t like it, I gutted the mufflers because they were broken already and I figured I couldn’t make it worse.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Anyone willing to sell aftermarket pipes for my 88vn750? I’ve put serious hours into finding a set…and still nothing can be found!!!! I want a louder bike lol
Sportster 883 mufflers are cheap, easy to find, and mod up easily. They also come in satin black, but those are hard to get. Drill out the baffle if you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently just put some Sportster aftermarket mufflers on the bike and I'm very happy with the sound. I took off the stock mufflers, and bought some exhaust connectors to connect them to the goat's belly. It did have the decel pop way more than before but that was an easy fix as it took a few turns of the idler screw we have on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts