Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, kinda new member and first post. Curious if anyone else has had any problems finding aftermarket exhaust for the vn750. Upon changing my rear tire last summer I found out one of my mufflers was rotted and couldn’t find a replacement. Started thinking some aftermarket pipes would sound better and eliminate the goat belly. That was also a fail so I purchased some short emgo slip ons, they’re not terrible but slimmer than original mufflers so the heat shield doesn’t match real good. I guess my question is does anyone know why cobra and Vance and Hines pipes are discontinued and if anyone else makes any exhaust for these bikes ? Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
there never was a huge aftermarket supply of anything for the vn750. as to why what has been avail in the past is discontinued, last production of the vn750 was in 2006, nearly 14 years ago

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
The Vulcan 750 has never been a popular bike for customizing. A long time ago I had a set of Vance&Hines Cruzers on my '02, but wound up going back to the stock system. I loved the sound around town, but most of my riding is on the highway, and the drone of those pipes quickly became tiring. I would keep the goats belly. It is there to help tune the exhaust. Without it you will lose power, and probably create a lean mixture. I had to rejet the carbs when I installed the V&H pipes, but the new jetting worked fine when I put the stock system back on. I'm sure it was jetted lean from the factory. The Emgo mufflers should work fine.

Hard to believe it has been that long since the Vulcan 750 was made. I bought a brand new one in 1993, wore it out, bought another new one in 2002, and wore it out. Close to 200,000 miles total. I replaced the 2002, which failed due to a broken rear cam chain at 108,000 miles, with a 2006 Sportster 1200. Wonderful bike but not really long distance highway friendly. I bought a used 1987 Vulcan 750 with 27,000 miles on it about a year ago, and just recently got it back on the road. Absolutely NOTHING else runs and rides like these bikes, especially for solo touring.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have some stock exhaust mufflers if you want them. PM me if interested. I still have a listing in the sell or swap section - guess I should "bump" that

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some also use slip ons from HD sportsters. They do make clamp on heat shields you can add to custom exhausts.
You can also find stock pipes for sale on eBay now and then.
I wound up getting rid of the goat's belly & just adding stock Sportster mufflers. Required some fabrication & odd metal bits (pipe bits, custom hinges), eventually it fit. Didn't sound too bad either.

There are indeed very few aftermarket parts for these bikes, they require a degree of creativity if you intend to customize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts