Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using white exhaust wrap on my pipes. The right side is holding the color fairly well, some discoloration but not much. The left side went browish. So I double wrapped that side. Still going brownish. I used dei silicone spray after wrapping, white color. Could the reason for the color distortion be that the left side pipe isn't coated like the right is with the chrome? Left side one has some slight speckling of surface rust. Could that be what's happening? Rust coming through?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwkrEL_5zrgPZGNieDdKUzlITms

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Looking great btw.... Any light coloured exhaust wrapping I've seen always darkens over time, I think you'll be hard pushed to keep it white buddy

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Looking great btw.... Any light coloured exhaust wrapping I've seen always darkens over time, I think you'll be hard pushed to keep it white buddy
Now you know why the dark tan/brown color wrap is so popular. lol

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
Maybe overtime, the right side will change color as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What if I wrap a layer of titanium first than a layer of white over that? Has to be a way to keep it from turning color so drastically. Also that comment about using the darker wraps made me laugh. I never thkught about it but immediately realized why people use the darker stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrapped a second layer on the left side and it is holding the white longer than the first layer so I guess it could be worth the shot trying the titanium underneath.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts