Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've been reading a lot about exhaust and slip ons yet no one mentions how they connected them to the bike. No modification info yet there clearly needs to be one.

I'm looking for info related to slip ons that would give me that Harley rumble. Degoated, ear shaved, rejet 142/42 and dualed. Have original tips on now.

93 vn750.

Thanks all!

Kristoco

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Screaming eagle muffs,Harley exhaust clamps, and made brackets outta flat stock to mount to stock hanger in back

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OleDirtyDoc you sure do love those Screeming Eagles. Do you by chance have a pic of that bracket you made? I'm a visual guy.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Hop you can see em

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
But they sound BETTER than a Harley.mine screams(pun intended)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Degoated, with sportster pipes is a fair approximation of an 883 but Knifemaker is right you won't be able to get the exact same sound.

As to mounting I welded a 2 piece H-pipe to the head pipes and then welded a set of sportster mufflers to the H-pipe. Then I used flat stock similar to the way Doc did to hang them.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
They really sing between six and redline.and when ya back off as well

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I put a set of Harley Sportster muffs on mine. Degoated and had crossover pipe welded in. Muffler shop fabbed a couple short flat stock hangers similar to Docs. The muffs were finally even in the back, plus they sound a bit deeper and more mellow. Very nice change in sound and looks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm. I have a set of sportster pipes yet I'm not into doing the crossover pipe. I also thought making the pipes the same length required a lot of changes.?

·
Registered
196 Posts
To get equal length just use a short piece of exhaust pipe on the shorter side and adjust the flat stock bracket length accordingly to fit.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
To get equal length just use a short piece of exhaust pipe on the shorter side and adjust the flat stock bracket length accordingly to fit.
Yup yup

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didnt degoat my 92. I got a set of slip-on chop pots with removable baffles, flared out the link pipe coming off the goat and job done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts