Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of degoating and drilling forums and I have read about what that means. And I have seen alot of people saying Screaming Eagles and other brand Mufflers sound great but I am worried about fitting other brands to my 2001 Vulcan 750.

Is the weld and cleaning out process easy?

This will be my first mod, but I am a welder and just want to know if I am getting into something over my head. I am fairly new to bikes, the setup and the process of enhancing power and sound. So this would be a learning experience for me, yet at the same time I dont want to ruin my bike.

I see alot of V & H reviews and it appears to be mostly positive, but there is just a part of me that wants something different.

Would you recommend sticking to an easier install (V& H) or taking on the challenge of degoating, welding, fitting etc..?

If you know any pipes, mufflers that work great and might be an easier mod please recommend!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Don't mind KM.in his old age,his hearing has gotten super sensitive. Last April he realized he could hear the sparrows ****ting in his lawn.every morning at 4:30.plop plop,squirt,plop.finally he could not take any more. Being the ingenious bastid he is,he built six sentry guns triggered with motion detectors that would spray bb's over every square inch of his property. Well,on the third day,when he went out to get the morning paper, he forgot to shut off the motion detectors...;)

Reactions: denny6006

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
On a serious note, most who degoat use Harley mufflers because they slip on. If you can weld, the sky is the limit

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Don't mind KM.in his old age,his hearing has gotten super sensitive. Last April he realized he could hear the sparrows ****ting in his lawn.every morning at 4:30.plop plop,squirt,plop.finally he could not take any more. Being the ingenious bastid he is,he built six sentry guns triggered with motion detectors that would spray bb's over every square inch of his property. Well,on the third day,when he went out to get the morning paper, he forgot to shut off the motion detectors...;)
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are. I just about had coffee come out my nose when I read about the third morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts