Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes the drill did work. It took a little bit of patience, but it went through. Now my battery is dead with 8 holes in the left pipe and 0 in the right one:loser1:
I will finish the job tomorrow probably!:

Here is a pic:rockon:
Yup, That's why some times it's good to do it the old fashion'd way. Plug it in! lol:beerchug: You've started the bike already to listen to it though haven't you?! I know I was to impatient to wait till I was done. And once I did it, I couldn't stop till I was done. I really don't think you can goe wrong with this mod. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is the left side!

I started the bike and have to say i like the result. Thanks for the idea!:rockon:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I was looking through my drill bits.. I have 1/2 inch.. will that work? If so I will get it done tomorrow...

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Expert Advice Giver
152 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the info! I just drilled my exhaust and it sounds great. This saved me a few hundred dollars and didn't cost a thing. As for the question on the cordless drill to use...there's only one option....I used my Kawasaki Cordless Drill :) It still had plenty of juice after drilling 16 holes! True Kawasaki style!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey guys thanks for the info! I just drilled my exhaust and it sounds great. This saved me a few hundred dollars and didn't cost a thing. As for the question on the cordless drill to use...there's only one option....I used my Kawasaki Cordless Drill :) It still had plenty of juice after drilling 16 holes! True Kawasaki style!
LOL:motorcycl

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I have harley sportser pipes on my vulcan, not to loud but people know I am there. if they can't see you, let them hear you!

·
fuzz
138 Posts
OK, Get a 3/8" drill bit and an all to mark your holes. If you don't have an all you can use a screw. Drill your first hole. Becareful not to go through the second lining of metal. It's about 1/2" ifurther in. Once your first hole is drilled place your bit next to that hole leaving about 1/8" space between the holes. This spacing will come out almost perfect. And if you use your all to mark the holes and take your time drilling, the holes should come out nice and clean. Here is a link to what I used as a referance.
http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhills/radner/499/

A nice bonus... I may be wrong but I swear the lower gears don't seem quite as "Jumpy" I'm acredditing it to lower backpresure. I spend a good bit of time in city freeway traffic and it was nice this morning being in second gear, Throttling a little and the bike NOT lerching forward. Just my observation.

why do you say not to go through the second baffle ? i did and it sounds great . I drilled three holes 5/8 through both rear baffles , and removed front baffle . :beerchug:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have harley sportser pipes on my vulcan, not to loud but people know I am there. if they can't see you, let them hear you!
Do you have pics of that set up. Looks good in the small pic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too would like more of a "big" bike sound out of my 750. My bro put headers on his dyna glide but had to have the carb re-jetted. Will I need any fuel system mods if I drill out the mufflers? What about the GB? I'm somewhat of a newbie so can someone explain what it's removal might do to the bike? Can you even run the bike like that? It sound like you would be almost straight pipes at that point.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I too would like more of a "big" bike sound out of my 750. My bro put headers on his dyna glide but had to have the carb re-jetted. Will I need any fuel system mods if I drill out the mufflers? What about the GB? I'm somewhat of a newbie so can someone explain what it's removal might do to the bike? Can you even run the bike like that? It sound like you would be almost straight pipes at that point.
You can never really get the “big bike” sound from a 750. You can remove the GB but many say it will decrease power on the low end and really it’ll only make the bike louder. Instead of drilling the holes I have completely removed the baffles. It sounds really good to me but still not that big sound you get from larger displacement bikes.
Here’s a clip without the baffles

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
You can never really get the “big bike” sound from a 750. You can remove the GB but many say it will decrease power on the low end and really it’ll only make the bike louder. Instead of drilling the holes I have completely removed the baffles. It sounds really good to me but still not that big sound you get from larger displacement bikes.
Here’s a clip without the baffles

Hey Mike, do you have any videos of it revving with cored mufflers? I have a buddy who is interested in doing it

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Absolutetly, these clips sound best with headphones I think. Phone audio doesn’t do them justice

Thank you

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts