Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my jets and shims from sudco, got the rest of the pieces of the puzzle after ear shred! .... to be honest shaving is far to delicate of a word for what I did to those air filters and box. After spending about 15 minutes taking the gas tank and all the lines necessary apart to get at that sucker.. I went ahead and got my trusty handy , dandy hack saw..

Can't wait to hear / feel and see the difference, rebuilt / clean carb with new jets, air filters etc etc..

I'm not a big guy only weighing about 170lbs, but pre shave I've taken that bike well over 110 mph down the garden state parkway.. Always felt like it needed more balls!

Great info again on the site, maybe once I have finished this project I'll get some pictures. I'm sure this whole project is not over with by a long shot. ( Tuning dual carbs??=/ )

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used a pair or tin snips to cut it apart! Where did you get coasters, or did you just cap it off and what parts #'s did you order from sudco? Where did you get filters? Mine is apart awaiting a carb cleaning/rebuild and I need the ear shave stuff too. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the Vulcan Verses thread, there will be part numbers, sites, part list. Plus alot of folks here have done it, and have posted about doing it. So a great many questions can be answered just perusing casually.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to rebuilding the carb.. and then finding out the diaphragm needs to be replaced on one of the carbs. Only to have to wait on this silly ass motorcycle dealership to get the part in 5 days later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I asked because those posts are like 2+ years old and they kept saying they weren't sure about the parts numbers and stuff like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts