Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to find some exact widths on different brands of front 110/90-19 tires inflated, as my fender clearance will only allow so much... It seems that the 80-90% stuff don't work out exactly, and the Mfg. site don't seem to give it, or at least I can't find it...
I wanted to run the Avon Venom 110/90-19, but it is 119mm wide or 4.69" and won't work, but the Metzler ME 880 same size is 112 mm wide or 4.41"...
PS-Those are the only 2 I have been able to tie down, except for the Dunlop 110/90-19 I am now running & need to replace, which has been an OK tire, just not great...
I really don't care for the Metz. ME-880 blocky type tread pattern as I believe that kinda contributes to dishing...
Anyone have the exact width measurements on their 110/90-19 tires...???
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this is for your sportster, does it have the exact same diameter rims?
(As this can effect overall tire width)
I think you mean width, which I am not sure about the Vulcan's, but my rims are 2.95" W on the outside making them something like +/-2.35" W on the inside... The wheel fitment diameter (19"), is same as the VN750's... I am now running and about to replace a 110/90-19 Dunlop 404 which has +/-1/8"-3/16" clearance each side... I think I may just get the 100/90-19 Michelin Comm. II front and the 150/80-16 rear, that way I will have plenty of front clearance... I do like the tread pattern on it...
BTW-The Michelin Commander II that I am replacing on the rear now has a bit over 9k on it, which is the most I have ever got on this bike...
The Metzler ME-880 did not do so good, and if you remember I only got a bit over 2k on the Dunlop 404, but the Dunlop 404 on the front has been a good tire, except for some dishing... The only knock I can give the Michelin Comm. II rear is it seemed a bit slippery on wet pavement, which I suspect is in character with harder rubber, which gives it the wear...
What is the old sayin "You can't have your cake and eat it too"...lol...
Yeah, I think I will just do the 100 Mich., match'em up... (They don't make the 110 in the Comm.II...
JM2001, That Kenda 110/90-19 has about the right width (4.3") but I don't like the blocky tread, as I said, I'm thinking that contributes to dishing...
Thanks, and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks, I just talked to the Indy shop in Tullahoma and had him get me the 2 Michelin Comm. IIs, 100/90-19 & 150/80-16... I'll let him make a buck or 2 on the tires as he only charges $18 per tire/wheel to mount & balance...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
JM2001, That Kenda 110/90-19 has about the right width (4.3") but I don't like the blocky tread, as I said, I'm thinking that contributes to dishing...
OD, Best tire I have ever owned. I ride very hard in the twisties and ride 2 up a lot. This tire is great in the corners, tracks well, and great in the rain. I have 9000 miles on this set and they are only about 1/2 worn, no dishing. The only knock I have on these tires is that they give a firmer ride because of the stiff side wall. I paid $140.00 for 2 oversized tires with free freight.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OD, Best tire I have ever owned. I ride very hard in the twisties and ride 2 up a lot. This tire is great in the corners, tracks well, and great in the rain. I have 9000 miles on this set and they are only about 1/2 worn, no dishing. The only knock I have on these tires is that they give a firmer ride because of the stiff side wall. I paid $140.00 for 2 oversized tires with free freight.
Thanks JM2001, I may give them a try next go around, but I have already had the shop order the Michelins, my rear Michelin Comm.II has been a real good rear tire for me...

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts